Chapter 060 : Give Him a Discount

After 10 minutes of walking, they finally arrived in front of the store Qin Yu frequently visited. It looked old from the outside, like a small family building, but the inside was dazzling, filled with all sort of tennis related things.

The shop owner knew Qin Yu, warmly calling him “Xiao Qin” as they met and looking very happy that he was bringing a friend over.

The process of picking the racket was quite fast. They looked for one that cost about one thousand with relatively high price/performance ratio. After looking at a few models, they finally picked a treasure, one with carbon fibers, a wide surface, and very light in the hand.

There was a room at the back of the shop where a few more products were stored. Since they were acquaintances, the owner took out all the brand-new rackets from the room to let He Jin try them. He Jin found his pick among them, a racket priced 1080 yuan. He finally realized how comfortable the small-handle rackets were, it felt much better in his hand.

While He Jin was trying it out, Qin Yu quietly pulled the owner aside, whispering: “Uncle Li, give him a discount ah.”

“You go and look at those other shops, that racket will cost 1600 there!” The anxious shop owner said urgently. “It’ll be a loss for me if I give you anymore discount!”

Qin Yu knew that the shopkeeper was honest, although he would never do business resulting in losses, he also wouldn’t be unreasonable at charging, 1080 was indeed a very fair price: “I mean, give him a cheaper price…” Qin Yu lifted his chin in He Jin’s direction, trying to reason: “He is my senior, I owe him a little favor, I’ll pay you back the discount money later.”

“This kid really…”  Uncle Li said in a distressed voice while pointing a finger at Qin Yu. He knew well how Qin Yu’s character was. This young man seldom bargains about prices. Generous bosses also liked generous guests, especially those who were understanding and tactful.

Qin Yu smiled and went to where He Jin was. He accompanied him to try the racket with a few balls, then they went to pay.

“This one please, store owner.” He Jin handed the racket that he had tried.

Uncle Li coughed, then said to He Jin: “I’ve never given discount in this store before, but since you were brought here by our old acquaintance Xiao Qin, I’ll give you a friendship price with 30% discount, so you only have to pay 70% of the full price, only 780 yuan.”

He Jin was pleasantly surprised. He looked back and forth between Qin Yu and the store owner.

“This price in this city, ah no, even in the whole country, you won’t find it anywhere else. So don’t tell anyone when you go out ah!” Uncle Li said, half-joking and half-serious.

He Jin had already prepared himself for having to pay about 1000 yuan, but turned out he only had to spend 780. He felt like he suddenly gained 200 yuan; he was overjoyed!

With hands in his pockets, Qin Yu said meaningfully to the store owner: “Uncle Li, since we are so familiar with each other, you can give us more things right. Like network cable, sweat absorbing rubber, cushioning shoes, oh right, there is also the racket cover, all from the same genuine brand.”

Listening to him almost made Uncle Li blow up in anger. This set of things in total would cost about hundreds yuan, especially the genuine set, it’d still cost about that much even with some things missing … But as soon as he looked up, he saw Qin Yu winked at him…

…… Cough, this kid is really testing my acting skill! (=_=)

After adding those things, the total cost was still 780 yuan. The owner repeatedly emphasized that the price would multiply at least three times if they were bought in other stores. He Jin naturally realized how much money he saved with this discount, he didn’t know whether to thank Qin Yu or the store owner.