Chapter Seventeen

~*~

~*~

Din lands the ship right on the farm. The blurrgs are still running around freely, and Dessa smiles fondly at the creatures. As she, Din, and Cara walk down the ramp, she nudges him playfully. Din turns towards her, then at the blurrgs when she nods her head towards them, he sighs heavily and shakes his head, continuing to walk away as if nothing happened. She snickers. Cara raises her brows at the interaction, and Dessa merely mouths a 'I'll tell you later' at the veteran.

Kuiil is already waiting for them by the campsite, having been previously feeding the blurrg just before they got off the ship.

"Thought you hated this barren wasteland," Kuiil snarks at her.

Dessa ignores the jab and goes in straight for the hug, and grins when he hugs back. She never thought she'd miss his hugs so much.

"For you, I'm actually willing to risk heat stroke," Dessa says as she breaks the hug, and the Ugnaught snickers, and she thought she heard a snort from Cara too.

"I see you brought back friends," he nods to the trio behind her. Dessa whirls around to see them slowly approaching her, Cara more skeptically than Din is. "Nice seeing you again, Mando."

"Likewise," Din nods, still stiff as ever, but has a warm tone in his voice as he greets the Ugnaught.

"I hope you've fulfilled your promise."

Dessa's eyebrows quirk up as she catches the quick look Din sends her.

"I have," Din answers, and glances down at Kuiil. "for the most part."

"Well, come on in, take a seat," Kuiil insists, and leads them inside the tent. Dessa goes in first, then Din and the kid, and Cara last. "I have a feeling we have much to discuss."

"Yes, we do," Din answers at the two women's silence.

"Is it about the child?" Kuiil asks, looking at the child, who tilts his head and stares back at him.

"Yes," Din nods.

"Well, make yourself at home," Kuiil gestures to the small space. "I'll be glad to make dinner for you, you look like you had a long journey back here."

"We did," Din says, "thank you."

"Do you want me to cook for you Kuiil?" Dessa asks, and smiles at the kid attempted to grab her hands from his seat.

"No, you're always welcome back here, Dessa, but your cooking isn't," at Kuiil's stern answer, she can't help but grin. "Has she cooked for you yet, Mando?"

"She hasn't," Din answers with amusement, silently watching the two of them interact besides Cara. "Why? Am I missing out?"

"You aren't," Kuiil says dryly, meeting his gaze as he stops what he's doing. He frowns at the small child sitting by Din, "It hasn't grown much."