Quest

A/N: This was a request by Cynthia_TeamLeo. I'm extremely sorry this has taken so long. I just haven't had any motivation.

Next: Little Sister (Request)
Words: 1487 
Warnings: Slight gore but nothing too serious

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Leo's pov

'Hang in there Y/N. I'm on my way.' I thought as I ran forward towards the cyclops, not thinking about myself, only that she was in danger and needed my help. I was armed with a glass bottle of gasoline, my own stubbornness and luck, thanks to the third member of our group, Helene.

"Hey ugly!" It wasn't the greatest of insults, but it seemed to get the monster's attention. "Yeah, I'm talking to you!" I had so far assessed that the monster wasn't very intelligent or experienced, plus it was shorter than usual, so it was probably still very young.

As the monster turns its face towards me, I throw the glass bottle as hard as I can directly at its face. The cyclops is too slow to stop the projectile and the container breaks, splattering its contents all over the monster's face. The cyclops cries out and stumbles backwards slightly, confused but so far unharmed. I sighed with relief as it moved away from the fire it had been roasting Y/N on and thank the Gods once again that she had chosen to tie her hair in a bun, otherwise it would definitely have caught fire by now. I leap up towards the cyclops' face, shooting a huge blast of fire that ignites his head in a fiery furnace. The monster shrieks in fear at the sudden blindness. The fire won't hurt him as they've got a high level of fire and heat resistance, but the smoke and flames would cause fear and distress, which is exactly what we needed. 

"Come on!" I called to Helene so she could help me bring Y/N down. I started to hack away at the ropes with a small knife that I had brought with me. 

"I'm outta luck!" She shouted back, her voice sounding slightly faint. I nodded and continued my work; knowing that the amount of luck she gave me would have taken a lot out of her and she would need a moment to recover before rejoining the action. Finally, I released Y/N and she fell into my arms. I heard her whisper a weak 'thank you' as I slung her arm around my shoulder so that we could limp forwards together without me having to take all her of her weight. 

But before we could make our way forward, the cavern shook. I look up to my left and notice that, in its panicked state, the cyclops had hit the wall of the cave at full running speed. The harsh thud causes a chain reaction through the room, sending rocks down like dangerous and pointed missiles. The ground shakes and rips Y/N out of my grasp. I call out for her, but receive no reply. The air fills with dust that chokes my lungs, causing me to start coughing, only managing to heave in more of the dirty particles. The rocks keep falling and I try to dodge them the best that I can in the dim and fleeting light of the fire

Finally, with a finishing crash, the rocks stopped falling.
And I waited.
As the dust cleared, I frantically look around for Y/N, determined that I would not loose both of my companions today. Especially not Y/N. I am still holding the graze on my arm and I begin to notice other cuts and bruises covering my body as I continue my search for Y/N.

There she is!
I see a hand sticking out of the rubble and I make my way over. Slowly, her head, body, and legs begin to appear. It's then that I see it, the boulder that has Y/N's right leg trapped underneath it. I worriedly sprint the rest of my way over to her.

"Hey, hey." I try to wake her in the hope she's still alive. "Y/N!" I frantically whisper, almost afraid to fill the silence. A pained grown emits from her mouth and I can't help the huge sigh of relief that leaves my mouth. At least she's still alive.

"Leo?" She groaned, slowly managing to peel her eyes open.

"Yeah, it's me." The crash of another rock falling causes the both of us to flinch.

"You can't stay here." Y/N told me, her eyes filled with tears of agony.

"Can and will." I replied assertively, holding back the tide of emotions that threatened to spill. "Everything's going to be okay, you're going to be okay. Because I don't think I'm going to survive if you're not." I whisper the second sentence to myself.

"Leo-"

"At least let me try." I was already moving around to the boulder on her leg as I said this, not taking no as an answer.

My fingers desperately grasped at the boulder holding Y/N down, trying in anyway I could to relieve her of the weight. At one point, it shifted slightly and Y/N called out in pain. It was at this moment that the realization finally hit me; I wasn't getting Y/N off this island alone. The harsh crashing of rocks falling around me couldn't compare to the devastating drop of my heart. Helene was dead.
Y/N was dying.
And I didn't want to live on.
I crawled around to Y/N's face, not able to lift the rock, but not quite able to leave her either. The tears flowed freely now as I no longer had the strength or will to hold them back. I barely heard the sobs that were torn from my throat, too consumed with this feeling of loss and fear.

"Go Leo." She told me, her voice calm yet pained, tears still trickling down her face; faster now. "You can't stay here and I'm not leaving."

"No!" I choked. "I can't leave you here! I won't!"

"Leo." Her voice was firmer this time, trying to tell me there was no negotiation. "I'm not gonna make it. Please, I don't want you to die here because of me."

"I can't just walk away! Please don't ask me to do that!" I was desperate and I knew it. I was scared of the cyclops, scared of the cave, scared of dying, but frozen to the bone terrified at the horror of loosing the only light I've been given. Y/N.

"I'm not giving you a choice!" Y/N was angry now. "Why are you so ready to die anyway!"

"Because I love you!" I couldn't stop the words from leaving my mouth. The declaration seemed to take a small amount of weight off my chest that was being crushed from grief.

"I love you too Leo." Y/N replied earnestly, happiness and care lighting her dying E/C eyes. "And that's exactly why you have to leave. Because I can't watch you burn with me."

I lean in, unable to stop myself, and give her one short salty kiss. It lasted only a second, but it held so much meaning and love.

"Finally!" My head whipped around to look into the crystal eyes of the one and only, Helene.

"Y-you're a-l-live!" I stuttered, half thinking this was an hallucination brought on from loosing her and the fear of Y/N dying.

"Don't sound so surprised." Helene puffed out her chest, clearly enjoying the startled look on both mine and Y/N's faces. "I said I was out of luck, not out of brain cells. I still have the intelligence to move out of the way when something tries to kill me."

"Right." Was the only answer I could manage, still shocked from her sudden reappearance. Helene moved around to move the rock off Y/N's leg. She put her hands underneath it and starred at me.

"What?" I asked, still trying to process what was going on.

"Come and help me!" She shouted, clearly exasperated and she watched as the blank look on my face suddenly snapped into realization. A light laugh below me alerted me that Y/N had noticed my brain's brief short circuit, causing my face to flush with embarrassment. I readied myself beside the boulder.

"Three, two, one." Helene counted down and we heaved the large rock upwards. And with many cries of pain, Y/N pulled her broken leg out from beneath the crushing stone. We dropped the heavy weight, rushing around to pick Y/N up from her spot on the ground. I quickly scooped her up in my arms, cradling her close to my chest.

"See, I told you I wasn't going to leave you here." I whispered.

"Leo." Her voice was quiet and I leaned in to catch the final wisps of her sentence, "I love you, but please don't ever be that reckless again."
Then she passed out in my arms.
Alive.
And mine.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Sorry if you think this was trash, I'm really trying my best.
Till next time my pretty psychos!
AlyssCat