09.

A/N: Hey all, I know I've introduced a lot of OC in this story (mostly because we aren't introduced to any 6th year hufflepuff students other than Cedric). And I know the distinction between Alfie, Malcolm and Heidi can get confusing, so it it helps, below are the faceclaims to those characters so you dont have to flip back to the character page

 And I know the distinction between Alfie, Malcolm and Heidi can get confusing, so it it helps, below are the faceclaims to those characters so you dont have to flip back to the character page

After an excruciatingly long two months, October 30th had finally arrived.

Upon waiting outside in the brisk autumn evening, the arrival of both Beauxbaton and Durmstrang could not have been more welcomed. The Hogwarts students and teachers made their way into the warmth of the Great Hall for the feast, after greeting their new guests.

"Krum? The Viktor Krum?" Fiona asked, for the third time in as many minutes. She was certain Alfie was poking fun at her.

Alfie was sitting across from Fiona at the table, as it gave him a particularly good view of Krum.

Cedric, while excited to be sharing the castle with the famous seeker, was not as awestruck as his housemates. He gave Alfie an amused grin and then turned to Malcolm. Malcolm was also watching the boy, silently though. He quickly turned his attention back to Cedric.

"Krum'll be the Durmstrang champion, I'd wager my wand on that," Alfie muttered to Fiona, he had a mouthful of food that sprayed across the table as he spoke. Fiona wiped the slobber from her cheek.

"And from Beauxbaton?" Cedric asked, leaning across Fiona to gain Alfie's attention. Alfie looked over at the Ravenclaw table, where all of the Beauxbaton students were seated. His eyes lingered on a particularly attractive student with long flowing blonde hair.

"I wouldn't mind watching that one, ay?" He said with a grin and nodded towards her. Cedric followed his gaze. The girl in question was speaking with a boy from her school, both in silk blue robes. He appeared quite charmed by her, while she carried a sense of aloofness.

"Never seen anything like her," Alfie said, breathlessly. He glanced over the table and exchanged looks with Malcolm. Malcolm peered over at the Beauxbaton girl, he shrugged and then returned back to his meal.

"Stop ogling her, you look mad," Heidi finally scolded.

"If she's really that beautiful she's gonna want a more experienced bloke anyway," Fiona teased. This comment did not sit well with Alfie.

"Well at least I've had a proper snog," Alfie mocked contemptuously.

"No one in their right mind would've snogged you," Heidi replied curtly.

"Heidi, you're forgetting Gryffindor," Fiona giggled. "That's a whole house not in their right mind," she taunted.

Dumbledore was in the front of the hall, the room suddenly fell still at the mention of champions, all hushed chattering faded away to give the headmaster their full attention.