Part 22

Arnav and Khushi both had lunch and also discussed about the status and updates of the show and the after party. Though Shyam and Anjali had lunch together but her thoughts about her brother having lunch with a girl "unofficially" is something to give a think... also she didn't forget to glance at them in between her talks with Shyam, he observed her doing this but couldn't help but sigh, knowing her well and her care for her brother, he thought "why do girls have to think about love if they see a guy & a girl having dine together alone?" he somehow succeeded in distracting her thought from her brother to him and rest of the time just flew, she didn't even get when her brother left the table and then the restaurant.
Khushi looked for her car but then remembered that she came with him so she has to go back to the office and drive home. She sighed and was looking around, a car stopped in front of her only to see him at the driver's seat.
Arnav: I'll drop you home.
Khushi: thanks but please drop me at the office, I brought my car. She said hesitatingly.
Arnav, though felt not good hearing her but couldn't do much, any relationship would work only if the 2 persons give in but not just by one's want: "okay, I'll drop you at office."
He dropped her at the gate and she rushed in and came out in her car and saw that he was waiting for her, he signaled her to move first and she did then he left.
Khushi's POV:
What is it that his eyes convey? I am never able to ignore them and also can't deny him for anything seeing his eyes, she saw him being angry, rude, arrogant, headstrong but the look I saw today... is something different, never seen before. She sighed and concentrated on driving. Later at the signal, she stopped the car and was looking out as it's started clouding, she smiled and lowered the glass of the window and enjoying the weather, she felt something suddenly, like someone is watching her, so started looking around and in the side mirror she saw Arnav watching her. Her eyes went wide seeing him looking at her and is he following her? She don't know why but felt happy, she doesn't know if she is attracted to him or not because she has never been into this attraction, infatuation or love but she knows that she like his eyes... they have some magic... this is the reason why she can't deny him.
"Laad Governor" "Oh god! Why have you given him such beautiful eyes?" sighed and saw that the signal changed so she started but didn't forget to see him following her. She smiled and left towards Gupta house.
She entered in and parked the car in its place and got down, and casually so around and saw him entering in and getting down with his laptop bag. He shared a moment of eye lock and crossing her, he left in.
She is completely shocked with the happening of that moment, here she thought that he was following her but in actual, came to meet her dad? Whatever she felt good about him went in vain and came back to the square.
She entered in and saw her mother greeting him and her father coming from the stairs...
Shashi: Arnav, you came alone?
Arnav: papa is busy with new branch opening.
Shashi: oh okay, it's been long, since I paid a visit, have to go and see the work going personally. Let's do it tomorrow then.
Arnav: okay.
They started their chatting and went on into the other things.
Garima: Khushi? When did you come?
Khushi thanked god for grabbing the attention towards her.
Khushi: been sometime. She didn't mind showing her disinterest in her being ignored.
Garima: tujhe kya hua hai?[what happened to you?] 
Khushi: kuch nahi. Bhook lagi hai. [nothing. feeling hungry]
Arnav looked at her with surprisingly, she ignored him and went straight to the dining table, dropping her bag on the couch nearby, and she started having her lunch freely. Arnav is completely shocked with the eating of hers. He had never seen before, a girl eating something
freely but here, Khushi, she is just being carefree and eating whatever she is being served.
Shashi smiled at her and understood his darling daughter's mind. As she is the only child, she became possessive about her parents. She hates when her loved ones ignore her even it's for a while and if that loved ones include her parents, she can't tolerate. Though here, they didn't ignore but didn't see her coming, she didn't like them giving importance to Arnav over her but later after eating she calmed herself down and thought, they didn't see her so logically, they didn't ignore her, sighing she joined her parents and Arnav.
Shashi hugged Khushi sideways and rubbing her arm: How was the meeting?
Khushi: fine, what's the plan for evening?
Shashi: why don't you go for shopping with your mother? He suggested, indirectly saying that he will not be available.
Khushi: okay, so you are not available?
Shashi nodded with a plead face.
Khushi: fine, but will go to the Dabaa... it's been long since we went.
Shashi: go anywhere other than that... he said seriously... but Khushi didn't care...
Khushi: it's my wish... you be busy with your meeting, me and mamma will go to Dabaa and have the delicious food and dessert...
Shashi and Khushi's favorite place for the Indian food is the Dabaa... they can't resist the food that they get to eat...
Garima hit her: stop it... will go other day... let him complete his meeting then we will think...
Khushi rubbing her head: sorry, was just kidding... I have no mood to go out... will be in my room and look at the preparations of the event online... how many are interested in and all that...
Shashi: the event is of AR... never say that again...
Khushi: yeah, but still, this will be my first ever official show... my designs will be presented on the stage wholly, where many celebrities, designers will be present. I'm just nervous but even more excited...
Arnav just looking at her and her excitement about the event and her expressions... anyone can read her mind and say what she thinks... she is that expressive and transparent...
He can't get involve in their talks as this is her personal thing and moreover, they are not in their office to discuss and suggest.
Garima: why don't you design something for yourself?
Khushi: huh? Why?
Garima: you know, every girl have a dream, how do they look as a bride, so why don't you try design your bridal lehenga? This helps you in distracting yourself from the stress around you.
Khushi gave her a weird expression, dream? In bridal look? Design myself for it?
Khushi: what's wrong with you? Why this dream of being bride came in?
Garima looked at Shashi for a sec and then looked at her: Mrs. Sharma came this morning and asked for your hand to their son, who lives in Canada.
Arnav choked the juice he was drinking and was coughing severely.
Garima gave him a of water to drink but he is not in a position to, Shashi rubbing his back and Garima is patting his head by lifting his head a little up... it took him a while to get back to normal.
The first person he saw is Khushi kneeling down at his feet and holding a glass of water. He gently took the glass from her and drank to relax himself.
Shashi: are you fine?
Garima: how are you feeling?
Arnav nodded and rested leaning on the head rest of the sofa he sat on.
Arnav's POV:
He felt happy having dine with her and he felt so stupid for not having anything to discuss other than office stuff but he appreciated himself thinking „atleast he is having a conversation with her‟... he thought of driving her home but she brought her car which is at AR, so he left her there and was about to start but got a call from Shashi if they can meet up. He agreed instantly. He waited till she comes out and starts together but she took it as if respecting a girl, and being gentleman, he waited for her to leave. Later when he saw her car at the signal he looked for her from her side mirror as she opened the window glass to enjoy the weather. He smiled seeing so lively and then saw her seeing him through the side mirror, after a moment signal changed and she left but still looked out for him. He entered Gupta house after and saw her getting out he too came out and after a brief eye lock, breaking it he went in. he smiled inside seeing her shocked face. He got her that moment that she was thinking he followed her "Pagal" saying so he entered in and greeted Garima as she is the first one to receive him, he likes Garima for treating him well and a very genuine person. After a while he saw that Khushi didn't enter in and looked at the main door and that's when Garima saw her. He didn't understand what that
expression meant on her face, when she replied to Garima in somewhat disliked tone and said she was hungry, his eyes went wide... she, in fact they, they just had lunch and came and she feels hungry again? She is crazy... he concluded and when he saw her eating so carefree he liked her carefree nature and when she shared her thoughts with her father, he felt how must she is close with her parents, later on, when Garima mentioned about the dream of a bride concept he imagined her as a bride coming down the stairs with a smile and blushing hard making her face look more pretty and when her mother mentioned of some proposal he got a flash of her giving hand to some other person and this thought made him choke the juice he was having.
He opened his eyes and looked around and saw Khushi standing in front him and Shashi and Garima on either side of him.
Arnav: I'm fine, thanks...
Garima touched him cheeks and asked him to rest for a while, he felt awkward to rest here. Shashi patted his back and suggested the same.
Shashi: let's skip the meeting for today, you rest for a while and I'll inform Ashish about you being here.
Arnav was about to deny him but heard him asking Khushi to show the guest room now he couldn't deny.
Arnav got up and walked till the steps following her and saw her parents getting in the garden on the other side of the house. He acted as if coughing again making her look at him and walk with him; in middle of the stairs she held his arm just to make sure he doesn't lose his balance. That is the first touch to each other.
She avoided looking at him and dropped him till the door and opening it, she gave the coughing syrup and left asking him to rest.
Both their heart-beat raise it's speed when they were in skin contact with each other...
Arnav/Khushi: stay calm Arnav Singh Raizada/Khushi.