Part 21

Peechley kuch dino mein itna kuch ho gaya..... Babuji ki aisi halat.....humey kuch samajh mein nehi aa raha tha aur is mein hum ek nadaani kar baithey...aaspatal mein jab humne arnavji ko dekha to hum aapne aap ko rok nehi paye aur unhe galey lagake rone lagey...unhe samne dekh ke aisa laga tha jaise ek sahara mil gaya...aisa laga jaise ki ab sab thik ho jayega...'(so much happened in the last few days... babuji's health condition...I didn't know what to do.. and in all that I did a stupidity...when I saw arnavji in the hospital I couldn't stop myself..i hugged him and started to cry..i felt I got a support...felt as if things will be fine now)

Arnav recalled the way she ran straight into his arms, but even that day he had hesitated to consol her. He never knew she considered him such a big support.

' hum bilkul toot chukey they, ro ro ke haal bura tha hamara...lekin fir arnavji...unhone hamarey sar pe hath rakkha aur hum...aj jis arnavji ko humne dekha unhe pehele kabhi nehi dekha humne..aisa kyun laga jaise hamarey aasuo se unhe taklif ho rahi thi...woh humse kuch kehena chahtey they...lekin kya...(I was completely shattered and was crying a lot..but then arnavji he kept his hand on my head...the arnavji I saw today, I had never seen before...why did it seem like he was being hurt by my tears...felt as if he wanted to say something to me...but what?)

Arnav: yehi ki jab tum roti ho to mujhe kuch achha nehi lagta... lekin nehi kahey paya...hamesha ki tarah nehi kahey paya...(that I don't like to see tears in your eyes..but couldn't say..like always couldn't say)

He said with disappointment in his voice.

Hey devi maaiya aj phir se woh dhak dhak hua...humne to golgappey bhi nehi khaye, fir acidity kyun hui... humey wohi dhak dhak mehsoos ho raha tha...aur pata nehi kyun ho laad governor ke aas pass hone se aisa hota hai...ab hum kya karein devi maaiya? Yeh kaunsi nayi bimari hai?? (again my dhak dhak was back..i didn't have golgappey..no acidity..but still I felt my heart beating fast and this happens whenever that laad governor is near me...what do I do devi maaiya? What new disease is this?)

Ohkay...thought arnav...so that was the reason why she behaved in a weird manner everytime they met.

Pagal... he muttered (crazy)

...lagta hai hum puri tarah se pagal ho chukey hai....buaji ka diya hua naam sankadevi bilkul sahi hai...aaj humne arnavji ke naam ki jalebi banadali!!!!! Aur usi waqt jiji rasoi mein aa gayi thi...kitni mushkil se woh saarey garam jalebi humey muh mein daalna para..... agar jiji dekh leti to bohot bari musibat ho jaati.. ...(I have gone mad completely..buaji is right to call me sankadevi...I made a 'jalebi' of his name!! and that moment jiji came into the kitchen ...and I had to stuff all those hot jalebis in my mouth to hide from her)

Arnav laughed out loud saying: What!!!! Khushi tum pagal ho!! Mere naam ki jalebi??? He laughed again (what!! Khushi you are mad!!!)

Chori karna buri baat hai yeh bachpan mein suna to tha lekin aaj pata bhi chal gaya jab laad governor ke bagichey se mitti churane gaye they aur fir pakde gaye.... Hey devi maaiya aapko bohot maza aata hai na humey pareshan karke (I had heard that it is wrong to steal something but understood today when I went to steal mud from his pots today and was caught...God you have lot of fun bothering me)

Arnav recalled how he had made her sit infront of him and helped her take out the mud from her eyes.

'...aur rangoli banatey waqt anjaliji se jab hum shaadi ke baarey mein baat kar rahe they tab pata nehi kyun hamara dhyaan barbar arnavji ki or ja raha tha..pyaar mein hone se jo jo hota hai..matlab ki jaisa anjaliji ne kaha woh to hum tab mehsoos kartey hai jab arnavji hamarey samne hotey hai..iska matlab kya hum unse pyaar.... Nehi... Raksha karna devi maaiya...humey us din se bachana jab humey pyaar ho jaye woh bhi laad governor ke sath...'(while making rangoli today, when I was discussing about marriage with anjaliji...don't know why I kept looking at arnavji...whatever anjaliji said happens in when you are in love, happens to me when arnavji is near me...does that mean I love...no...help me God..save me from the day when I will fall in love with him)

Yes, even he felt that connection with her when anjali was talking about love and marriage. And then the way both of them fell down on the rangoli. She landed right on top of him...and they were all covered with colours.

...hum jab batti lagatey waqt ulajh gaye they tab arnavji ne hamari madat ki.. Jab unhone humey chhua to aisa laga jaise hamari saansey ruk gayi...anjali ne jab poocha tab unhone kaha ki khushi ulajh gayi...shayed hum ulajh gaye..anjane se ek rishtey mein..(I was decorating the place with lights and got tangled in the chains...arnavji helped me...when he touched me I almost stopped breathing...when anjaliji asked what had happened he said I was tangled...yes may be I am tangled...tangled in an unknown relationship)

hum jantey hai ki yeh nadaani hai lekin shayed yeh nadaani hum kar baithey hai....(I know this is foolish but maybe I have done that..)

Devi maaiya kal diwali hai...charo taraf roshni hi roshni hogi...arnavji aur hum... Aap fir shuru ho gayi na devi maaiya..!!! (Devi Maaiya tomorrow is diwali...there will be lights everywhere...arnavji and me... you again started devi maaiya!!)

Arnav closed his eyes and recalled how he had held her close to him and slowly helped her out of the tangled chain of lights. He was gradually getting attracted to her more and more with each passing day.

It was one o'clock in the night. Everyone was sitting outside in the living area of raizada house and garima and buaji remained awake in the gupta house. Shyaam was in the hospital with anjali and no one could understand how to break the news to her. Payal's situation was worse. She couldn't get over the fact that her little sister had to face so much because of her. Sleep was away from everyone's eyes as they kept thinking about the fate of arnav khushi and shyaam anjali's relationship. But arnav and khushi were far far away from the whole world.

Baatein kuch unkahee siजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें