15

Unedited.

One more!!! Eeep.

《 《 《 《
Dressed in a black sequin gown that tightly gripped her body from her bosom to her hips before fanning out near her thighs, Violet critiqued her appearance in the mirror while adjusting the silver danglers in her ear. Her hair was pinned in a stylish bun and decorated with a few crystals.

She felt Giovanni approach her and then a cool sensation against her chest as he clasped the silver necklace around her neck.

"You look beautiful, piccola," Giovanni kisses her neck and eyes her through the mirror.

She smiles and replies with a compliment of her own.

"We better get going or we're gonna be late."

"What time does it start again?"

She grabbed her phone and purse just as Giovanni mutters, "Eight."

Tonight Giovanni invited Violet as his plus one to an annual Art Auction which profits usually goes to a deserving charity of the museum's choice. This year's choice was Habitat for Humanity. A wonderful organization that, as its name suggest, builds homes for the homeless.

Upon reading about the organization, Violet wanted to do more than just attend the auction. She wanted to be one of the volunteers working to build a house for a needing family. So she signed up for it with Giovanni right by her side doing the same. It was time for them to get down and dirty in more ways than that one way. If you know what I mean.

The drive wasn't long but it wasn't short either and they arrived a little past eight. The event was being hosted at one of the most popular art museums in town. The doors was just about to close just as the two made it to the entrance.

"Giovanni Milano."

The security guard briefly scanned the papers in his hands before nodding and stepping aside.

"Welcome Mr. Milano."

Their first step into the building landed them on a rock hovering above the edge of a volcano. The 3D floor mural looking so realistic that Violet actually went to step on the next rock as if she was afraid to fall in. Playing along with a soft chuckle, Giovanni gripped her waist and followed his piccola rock to rock until they made it across the floor. Meanwhile, others walked gracefully and normally against the tile— some looking at the two like untamed kids and others amused.

A crowd began to gather in the space just down the hall to their left where tables were set up and numbers were placed in every seat. The room had an elegant feel: white table cloth, chandelier, and beautiful crescent lights; yet a hint of a historical feel and maybe Michelangelo was to blame as one of his most famous paintings shaped to fit the ceiling's structure. Overall, the building itself just screamed art and that's being said without including all the pieces on display just in the other rooms.

After situating themselves at a table and given champagne, a lady dressed in red made her way to the stage.

"On behalf of the museum, it's an honor to host yet another art auction for charity and lend a helping hand to those in need another year. This year, profits will be going to Habitat for Humanity and here tonight we have the organization's Chief Executive Officer, Johnathan Reckford."

The group cheered and applauded the man center stage. His speech was short and straight to the point as he gave a brief summary about what he does and the organization itself, thanking the crowd for their participation and donations.

"Our first is a painting called 'La Douleur Exquise', painted by the amazing Zara."

It was simple but beautiful in its own heart wrenching way. The colors blended to form the pain of the man who clearly wanted a love he couldn't have. A woman, almost a mere shadow, held his heart in one hand while the other clasped to one of another man. Bent on his knees and looking up at the couple he envied, his heart still belonging to her, the man seemed as if he was taking his last breath. Assuming he'd die if he couldn't have her.

"Can I get five hundred anyone? Five hundred."

"Five," the man in the front yelled with a raise of his hand.

"Five hundred! What about six-fifty?"

"Six-fifty, here."

The night continued as such. Sculptures, paintings, drawings all being sold for a great cause. Violet couldn't join in on this part but she sat back and admired the art and the obvious love people had for them.

Giovanni had already brought one sculpture and a painting. The sculpture because he couldn't stop competing with the younger gentleman in the back who always upped the price when ever Giovanni was close to getting it. The painting he only got because Violet loved it. A total of twelve hundred was spent among those two art pieces.

"Our last paintings are a duo and were very hard to obtain as they are fairly new and sold out quickly everywhere."

Violet took a sip of her champagne and eyed the two covered paintings on stage.

"These two are called 'Rendezvous' by the lovely artist GiMi."

When the paintings were revealed Violet spat out her drink and furrowed her eyebrows. It was as if time slowed and the world went mute for just a minute as she analyzed what was in front of her.

There. Just on the stage sat two oddly familiar paintings.

The first one was of a girl with silver hair, a mirror image of Violet's hair; she was splayed on top of a black car hood with her hands behind her head as the moon colored her skin a luminous blue. Her eyes sparkled up at the night sky with a small gleam and twinkle. And her body adorned the same clothes Violet wore that night when Giovanni opened up to her.

The second one was the most obvious. It almost felt invasive as she recognized the lacy bra peeking over the crop top. Hair covered the face in a mess but she could still pick out features on the abdomen that gave a telltale sign. The lips were slightly ajar, eyes behind the hair were closed shut, and body was outlined by the nightly glow. A look of ecstasy shaping the girl's features as she sat upon something (or someone) on that very same car hood. Thankfully that's all the painting showed.

Violet looked toward Giovanni and blinked, ignoring the glances she received after being unladylike with the champagne.

"Gio," she questioned.

Smiling at the onlookers around the table as not to cause a scene, Giovanni excused them from the table and pulled a confused Violet to the corner.

"I had no idea they'd have them. I'm so sorry. This isn't the way I would have wanted you to find out."

"Find out...?"

The poor man looked stressed as he sighed and leaned against the wall, "I'm...GiMi."

An awkward laugh escaped Violet's lips as she pushed her weight onto him, laughing against his chest instead to mute the sound.

"You're telling me that I've been talking to my favorite painter?"

"You've done so much more than talk piccola."

Violet gasped and gripped her hair in shock.

"H-how...why? I-I don't understand."

"I know. And I'll explain later-"

"No. Explain now. I think I've had enough of you being so secretive."