~Eric Benèt• Think of Me

"Hello y/n." He hugged his ex.

"Eric! It's so good to see you."

"It's nice to see your face again. How've you been?" He asked her as he leaned back in his seat. You had walked up to him while he sat at a table alone.

"You mind if I sit?" He checked his watch and nodded. He would grant her a few minutes of his time.

Sitting across from him as he just stared at you. Letting out a nervous smile she played with her hands.

"What's on your mind?" Y/n asked.

"Just wondering why you're speaking to me after you belittled me and what I'm passionate about."

"We were happy together, E-"

"Until another man was in your ear, right?" He stopped you. 

"Forgive me, I don't fully understand what you want from me."

"Just to see how you been doing. I've been thinking about you." She murmured.

"I wanted to apologize for how things went down. I wish it could've been different."

"I forgave you a long time ago. Holding a grudge wouldn't do me any good."he shrugged his shoulders.

He fell on hard times. A dream of wanting to be a musician and the reality of having to provide for his lady. Once he lost his job things changed. Y/n started arguments just so she could storm out and see her other man. He had pumped her head up, putting it in her mind that Eric wasn't worth her time.

She was too focused on his shortcomings and left Eric for her other man. Even when he was willing to work things out and fix their relationship. She left him there, looking stupid. He heard through the grapevine that he left her high and dry when his wife came back from a tour in Iraq. The man sold her a dream and showered her with material things.

His mind went back to the time he found a pair of diamond earrings hidden in a drawer as he put away the laundry. Once she came home from work he asked her where they came from.

"Why the fuck are you even going through my things?"

"Wasn't nobody trying to go through your shit! I was putting away some fucking clothes since I'm the only one cleaning up around here."

"I would if I didn't have to fucking work and provide for a nigga without a damn job!"

"Y/n, baby...I'm fucking trying aight?" he reached out to grab her hand and she pulled away.

"I'll be back, E. I'm going over to Helen's house to cool off. Don't wait up." she said for the fourth time this week. This time he was gonna follow her and see where she went. He felt sick to his stomach as he saw her walk into a home but not before kissing a man and rubbing her hand over his chest.

Eric felt for her because he was in her place a few years ago but he truly believed that Trina deserved it.

"Hey honey, I'm sorry that took longer than I expected. Ezekiel and Ariel refused to take a nap without telling about what they did. They told me to tell you that you owe them both two stories each since you were doing a show last night." his wife, Alexis, walked back to the table putting the phone back in her purse.

"Well I guess I better save some energy tonight." he smiled up at her.

Alexis looked at him and smiled before turning her attention to y/n.

"Baby this is y/n, y/n this is my wife and the mother of my children, Alexis." he stood up from his seat and wrapped an arm around her waist.

You stood up and stuck your hand out. "Pleasure to meet you, Alexis."

"I've heard about you, y/n. It's nice to put a face to a name."she smiled and shook her hand.

"Well i'll leave the two of you to your evening. It was good seeing you, E." Y/n said shifting her purse around.

"Yeah. You stay safe out here." he spoke. pulling out the chair for his wife.

" It was nice meeting you, y/n" Alexis smiled and sat down.

"How long was she out here baby?" she asked once he sat down.

"Just a few minutes."

"What did y'all talk about?"

"She apologized for what happened between us."

"That's good. What did you say?"

"I told her that I forgave her a long time ago." he smirked and grabbed her hand.

" I forgave her the night I met you. I knew I wouldn't have the space in my heart to love you the right way if I kept moping around with a heart full of hate. '

"Well I'm glad you did. I love you husband."

"I love you more, baby." he kissed her hand making her blush.