24: Tutoring Shoto Todoroki

Quirk: Bunny

 For the third time in a row I walked out of Cementoss' Modern Literature class carrying a paper from our last test which had the score 98% written on the front in red ink. I flicked through the feedback consisting mostly of praise, but trying to find constructive feedback on that which I failed. I had been getting 96%-99%, and I was so eager to finally reach 100%. Cementoss refused me extra tutoring sessions however, as he needed to try and focus his attention on Sato and Kaminari who really weren't understanding this subject. My parents were very proud of my grades in general, as across the board I was getting over 90% in my academic studies, so I snapshotted a picture of my grade and sent it straight to them.

"You got 98%? Again?" Momo whined, showing me her 94%. "I'm not used to not being at the top! W-wait... no I didn't mean that-," she said awkwardly rubbing the back of her head.

"Congratulations (l/n), although I can't say we're at all surprised," Iida said.

"How the hell do you do it? It's so hard!" Kaminari whined. I thanked everyone for their kind words, us all heading out and back to the common room and when we there I made myself a coffee whilst still reading through the notes. It'd seemed Kaminari had already forgotten about the class as he was sitting back on the sofa with his knees up on the coffee table, something which Iida was currently trying to tell him off for. Uraraka suddenly came bouncing into the room excitedly, followed by Midoriya and Todoroki who both shared a glance with each other before looking over to me. Quickly I looked back down at my hot drink, a pink tint coming to my cheeks.

"Hey (l/n)," Todoroki's voice came from beside me. The boy had always intimidated me, but like every girl in the class, I found him incredibly attractive. Perhaps I was the girl who found him the most attractive, maybe developing a little bit of a crush on him. "Congratulations on your score."

"Thank you Todoroki," I smiled politely. "If you don't mind me asking, what was your score?"

"71%. I don't want my old man to find out this score, I think he'd go mental if he found out I wasn't the brightest and best in the class," he said bitterly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Y-yes of course," I mumbled, internally swearing at myself for stuttering.

"Seeing as you're so good at the subject, I was wondering if perhaps you could tutor me?" He asked taking me completely by surprise.

"Of course, whatever you need," I said, nodding. "Plus it might help me revise some more as well! In fact I have some time now if you wanted?"

"Sure, let me grab my bag and I'll meet you back here. We can study over in the library," he suggested and I nodded again. He turned to walk back towards his room, and I put the takeaway lid on my reusable coffee cup, hauling my rucksack filled with books onto my back. I awaited the boys arrival, admittedly quite nervous. Watching the lift doors open and seeing him stepping out with his hand casually in his pocket and wearing his stoic expression made me blush. I caught Jirou and Yaoyorozu both send me a wink as Todoroki approached me. "Thank you for doing this for me, I really appreciate it."

"No worries! The big exams are coming up, and you don't want to let your father down," I smiled.

"Honestly I couldn't care less about my old man. I don't care whether he's pleased or not, I just want to do well and I know you'll be able to help me with that," he said, opening the door for me to step through.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot your father was a touchy subject for you... anyway, is there any particular subject in Modern Literature you're struggling with?" I asked, trying to change the subject.