Chapter 19: Second Round Begins

Ara Aoki POV

The obstacle course we were participating in made us first go through the forest then into a snow biome then there will be a portal which we go through which will teleport us to a dessert area until we reach back to the stadium through another portal.

This is going to be pretty hard even to do plus the added difficulty of being the first 100 people to finish it.

People who have wings such as fairies and dragons aren't allowed to use their wings as it would sort of be like a cheat. And beast tamers with wings also can't be used.

But this adds more difficulty as everyone will be on the ground. You are allowed to fight each other, but I think that will be a waste of time.

Everyone starts at the stadium for the beginning of the race. Only have 2 hours and 30 miniutes to complete the race, it may sound like a lot of time but it really isn't.

This time the screen for the race will only be put in certain areas so it doesn't show an individual. I feel like Rosella and Beatrice will use this to their advantage.

Maybe I hould tell my friends about these problems, but I don't want to trouble and worry them.

Okay, I'll tell them after the race, I hope they'll believe me though. No point stressing about it now i have a more important matter at hand.

We hear the announcer say "Everyone who is participating must be in the stadium. The race will begin shortly."

I get ready for the race. My plan is to propel myself in the air using wind magic to get ahead of the crowd. I'm not to sure what obstacles will be in the forest and where the actual portal is.

I also question who even made these portals since you need to be knowledgeable about space and time and have the actual element. Maybe people in the past actually was knowledgeable about this element or it came from the fallen angel.

Then I hear the announcer saying the race will begin in 10 seconds. I get ready to use my magic when it begins.

When he said go everyone began dashing or using their magic not caring about their surroundings. Many people fell to the ground. Groaning in pain, but they quickly forced themselves back up. Luckily I avoided getting hit. I swiftly pass, unnoticed by anyone.

I was near the front of the crowd. I saw all my friends, Rosella and Beatrice along with some people I don't really recognize. I do remember seeing some of them around the school, I think some of them are big shots and well known in the academy. The others seem quite mysterious and kind of give me a bad feeling.

I brush those nagging feelings aside and keep dashing through the forest. I haven't seen anything so far.

But the minute i thought that i see something coming at me. I quickly dodge. It seems to be a bear type beast.

The bear on hind legs was taller than any man and he swayed this way and that as he watched me. It's teeth were exposed in an angry fashion. They were sharp, white daggers, hanging inside a dark moist cave.

It looks quite ferocious and strong. I quickly deploy some water magic to create a knife like object to stab. I hear a ear wrenching shriek come from the beast. I wasn't afraid at all, worried maybe a little but that's it. I've faced assassins and more. After all to society I was wasn't wjat people considered normal.

After mere seonds I slay the creature with my katana by stabbing it through the heart. It let out one last horrific screach before falling to the ground. I wipe my hands with a napkin.
My eyes dart to the left of me.

I sense more monsters. A herd appeard one by one. They were probably attracted by the screach. Each seemed quite weak, it would just be a hastle to deal with one at a time. I could either fight all of them or run. I decided on the latter.