Chapter 33: Overturned

Whoever had jumped me had made sure that I wouldn't get to see, all while subduing me in a matter of seconds.

He used brute force. Roughness. Why or for who, I didn't care. But if he thought that I was just going to surrender to him like the old times, then he couldn't be more wrong.

I kicked and wrestled with all my might, but suddenly, out of nowhere, someone else lifted me off my feet, then tried to place me in a small container.

I screamed for my life. "Help! Help me!"

Someone clamped a hand on my mouth. I couldn't see or yell a thing now. And whoever was working on my feet was doing successful. A few seconds more, and I was being shoved downwards.

Audra!

Guys!

At least, that was what I was trying to scream. Even Neil would help me at this point. People were trying to kidnap me.

Had they kidnapped my friends too?

With this question in mind, I tried to fight my way out of the container. It had smaller sides like a box. Or a coffin, maybe.

Nevertheless, someone put a lid on the top, silencing my screams.

It hadn't been a few minutes after, when the earthquake suddenly began.

Harsh. Trembling. Making me clam up. And then I realized that the container I was in was being transported. By who or what, was a mystery that I wouldn't get an answer from, unless I did something.

So I kicked and tried to punch my way out of the box. Only to bump my head on the sides. It was cramped inside.

Ten minutes passed.

Then an hour.

My legs had completely fallen asleep on me, when the lid was finally opened again.

Screaming at the top of my lungs, I lunged up, punched whoever it was on the other side. Hit one straight on the eyes.

"Ahhh!"

"Grab her!"

It was a fight that I wasn't willing to lose. Yet several hands seized me. And just when I thought that all was for naught, someone removed the thing from my head. And Audra, touching my cheeks real firm, whispered, "It's me, Pax. It's us!"

The brutal hands that was fighting me earlier left me alone. Coupled by a groan coming from my side, as Neil walked in front of me, to show me his face.

A developing bruise was forming on his right eye, which he was trying not to touch.

"Ow!" he complained. "What the hell?!"

"Shut up, Neil. Let her breathe."

Audra and Neil took one step back. But my heart was still racing.

What was going on?

And where the hell had they taken me?

Glancing around, I was stunned to see that we weren't in my room anymore. Much less in the deck. Or even in an area of the ship where we should be.

Instead, trees from above quivered like dancers, along with the gust of the wind.

And me, receiving the chilly air that came with it, shivered and shrunk onto myself.

Audra, seeing this, quickly embraced me. "Let's get you warmed up," she said. "Neil, please remove the rest of her binds."

"Alright, female. But you owe me another one. It hurts."