▲ Personality ▲

Personality refers to the enduring characteristics and behavior that comprise a person's unique adjustment to life, including major traits, interests, drives, values, self-concept, abilities, and emotional patterns.

Today, many personality researchers support the Five - Factors, which describes five broad personality dimensions that compose human personality:

ExtraversionAgreeablenessConscientiousnessNeuroticismOpenness

Birth order can influence one's personality. For example, the firstborn tends to be the alpha over their peers, more responsible, and better leaders. Whereas the youngest tend to be more passive with their peers, as well as irresponsible, and impulsive. One study even found that birth order can influence your choices of friends and romantic partners.
First-borns tend to associate with other first-borns, middle-borns with other middle-borns, and last-borns with last-borns.

》Ones personality is relatively stable from birth to death. However, there are three aspects that do tend to change as we age anxiety levels, friendliness, and eagerness for novel experiences.

》Psychologists examined Internet trolls and found that they are "narcissistic, psychopathic, and sadistic".

》 A number of different personality traits have been suspected of contributing to particular illnesses. For example, hostility and aggression were often linked to heart disease.
Another study suggested that shyness might be linked to a shorter lifespan.

What we wear affects how we behave

》There are 5 key aspects of personality: extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neuroticism, and openness.

Seeing others positively reveals our positive traits, seeing others negatively reveals our negative traits.1

People who speak two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another.

An estimated that 9.1% of adults in the United States experience symptoms of at least one personality disorder. Researchers have identified a number of factors that may contribute to the onset of different personality disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder and borderline personality disorder. These factors include:

Genetics
Relationships with peers
High sensitivity
Verbal abuse
Childhood trauma

Personality can determine preference in pets

In a study of 4,500 people, researchers asked participants whether they considered themselves to be more dog people or cat people. These individuals also completed a personality survey that measured a number of broad traits including conscientiousness, openness, neuroticism, and agreeableness. The researchers discovered that people who identified themselves as dog people tended to be more extroverted and eager to please others, while those who described themselves as cat people tended to be more and curious.

》There is a gene that can cause you to be negative most of the time. The gene in question is the ADRA2b deletion variant, which influences the hormone and neurotransmitter norepinephrine.

》Your personality can have an effect on your quality of life. Optimist personalities tend to have a higher quality of life while pessimists have a lower quality of life.

》Your personality can be detected by smell alone. Individuals who are neurotic, extroverts, or dominant tend to have a specific smell that others can detect.

》The feeling of falling in love can alter your personality. Individuals who tend to be neurotic often notice a change in their personality when they fall in love. Instead of feeling anxious and unstable, love allows them to feel more secure and confident.