62: switch

The call was her fault.

Amber flushed at the thought. She had forgotten to tell Deok-Su of her whereabouts in the midst of being seduced by Sieon. Her poor friend had fretted over her safety, calling her repeatedly until she had picked up the call.

She hadn't been the luckiest of people. So even though she wasn't gone for that long, Deok-Su had panicked over the possibility of her getting caught and sent to the police for being a stalker. Either that or kidnapped by yet another obsessive fan.

They both knew that she wouldn't be able to take another soul related attack. And one more would send her straight to a casket if her soulmates refused to see her.

Amber had felt awful about it. While Deok-Su appeared aloof, from experience she knew how much he loved and treasured every single one of his friends. Not many got close to his heart and so he had probably been worried sick.

Thankfully, he wasn't angry. When she approached him in his studio to beg for forgiveness, he had been smirking at her appearance, snapping a photo of her for his fiancée much to her chagrin.

Her lips had been swollen. A deep crimson shade that tingled with each touch. Her hair was a mess of sexy curls as if she'd rolled around in bed. There was light in her eyes and colour to her cheeks. It was not that easy to tell without a before and after picture, but her friends could definitely see the effects.

Somehow, making out with Sieon had been beneficial to her health. The paleness that once haunted her face had vanished and there was newfound energy in her body.

Energy she didn't realise she was missing.

After the whole crazy fan incident, weariness clung to her bones. There was a deep ache within her body that refused to go regardless of how much sleep she got. It made her feel sluggish and exhausted. Her mood worsened as emotions dulled into a numbness that she struggled to get out of.

Sieon's touch had taken a bit of that off. His kisses had melted the tiredness away momentarily and her soul felt full and warm when wrapped in his love.

Is it love?

Amber sighed, a wry smile on her lips.

Maybe not yet, but it was attraction, sexual attraction. Their bodies were so compatible sexually and genetically. It was physically impossible to keep their hands off one another once they had a taste of the forbidden fruit.

Amber's thoughts drifted to his large hands pulling her to his body, his palms cupping her ass. The warmth of his skin penetrating her clothes. She thought about his sweet breath mingling with hers in a heady rush of heat. His skin was silky as they explored each other's bodies.

She thought of the way they fit into each other's arms like perfect jigsaw puzzles. The dilation of those dark smouldering eyes as he watched her as if she were the most beautiful woman he had ever met in her life.

She shook her head frantically, trying to dispel those lustful thoughts in her head, feeling a little sheepish. His touch had improved her health, but maybe not so much for her heart. The moment her mind drifted to him, her heart was sent running, pounding against her rib cage.

Her body felt light with adrenaline, her feet buzzing with a need to jump and run. She was happy, and the thought of him would bring a small, warm smile to her face. A goofy smile. The kind that lit up her eyes and made her cheeks turn a pretty rose pink.

He liked her. He liked her so much that he couldn't keep his hands off her. He had found her attractive despite having already met hundreds and thousands of beautiful girls in his industry. Each more perfect than the next, but he yearned for her just as she did for him.