Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven 

Juniper's POV

I'm not a stalker. Of course, the amount of times I have told myself that in hopes that it'd convince even myself is a bit out of control and ridiculous.

I really am not a stalker, or, I don't do it with an intent to do it. It's not like I wake up in the morning, my mind immediately drawn to who I will stalk next, it just happens, kind of like autopilot.

There I was, minding my own business walking down the halls of the university, thinking about nothing important and out of nowhere comes Jaxon and all his glorious perfection begging me to follow him to Trinity's indoor basketball court.

I take cover underneath the bleachers and thank God that I decided to wear a black sweater as to blend in with the shadows. That is what I am, a shadow, a creepy, stalking shadow that should be in class for finance.

I huddle in deep against the crevice of the back wall. My back is cold from the stones they used to build the gym and yet the sight of Jaxon shooting hoop after hoop made my body warm and my heart race.

He really was perfection. His muscular build, his gorgeous white teeth, his tanned skin, there was not a flaw in him.

How terrible it is that he barely notices me.

I watch them for what feels like an eternity, and yet no time at all. I know that I should get going, that though I have missed finance, I can still make it to my entrepreneurship class which will start soon.

And yet, I watch Jaxon make another score, and his friends begin to cheer him on, and I want to go out and compliment him just like they all were but I stopped myself. Obviously, they can't know that I'm here.

Releasing a breath, I swing my book-bag over my shoulder and start to make my way discreetly out of the gym. I'm about to step out from under the bleachers, but quickly find myself rushing back into hiding when the gym doors open, and three people walk in. 

Axel and Lucas walk in, behind them follows Aiden. Jaxon and his friends stop playing when they see Aiden. "Aiden." Jaxon's face lights up at the sight of him, "Come here to play?"

I notice Aiden hesitate, and Axel steps in to answer for him, "Hell yeah we came here to play, we'll show you how real men play basketball."

"Axel," Lucas pipes, "we suck at basketball, you fucking know this."

I stifle a laugh as I observe both Lucas and Axel bickering at each other. I nearly jump when I glance back at Aiden only to see him staring straight at me.

Confusion crosses his face as he studies me. My heart is pounding when he opens his mouth to say something but stops when Jaxon speaks up, "You guys gonna play or what?" Aiden looks at Jaxon, then back to me, realization dawns on his face, and I can tell he's biting back an amused grin.

I want to yell at him, insult him terribly, but instead I stay quiet, and silently thank him for not revealing my location.

"You two can, I'll sit back and watch." Lucas says to both Axel and Aiden, and he moves to sit on the far end of the bleachers.

The far end near the exit of the gym.

I bite back a stream of curses and look to Aiden for help. There is no way I will be able to leave now without Lucas noticing. And if he notices, so will everyone else.

Axel and Jaxon are in 'deep' conversation about who will beat who, as Aiden sneaks another glance at me. I take this moment to plead the only way I can, I point to Lucas, then to me, then to the exit, mouthing the words "Help me" All while praying he'd understand.