Accepting

"What...What do you mean?" Furious. The old woman shouted.

Charles ignores her and slowly help his mother in law to the door.

"You! You--" the angry old woman never heard someone openly threatens someone before. And she is an old woman. Who will threaten an old woman?

Charles sigh sharply after exiting the store.

"Thank you." Alicia blushes and get back her hand that is in Charles before.

Charles smiles.
From the back appear a hidden guard.

"Young Master, do you wish this servant to kill that vile woman?"

"No. But threaten her so badly she will pee her skirt." Charles said pouting.
She hates arrogant people.
Sides, who is he? He is the prime minister's son and you keep provoking him?
Serves you right.

Alicia is pale.
She is staring and gaping.

"Mother wants to buy some clothes?"
Charles turns 180 and already forgot about what happened.

Alicia nods.
"Gale is already 10 years old. His coming of age celebration is up this month. As a mother, I want him to wear the best clothes but...um.."
She cant continue.
She sighs.
She thought her money is enough for one bolt of material but it proves her how poor she was.

"I see. Julius younger brother Gale. I guess we have to prepare a bountiful gift for his future. Let's go Mother, I know where to buy the best materials."

"But..But...I dont.."

"Its fine. Julius is my hus--wife, and Gale is his brother. I cant just let him wear whatever knowing his coming of age is up."

"I..."

"I know that I force myself into your son. Ruin his future and his dream. This much can be called compensation but can you atleast turn a blind eye and let me help you?"

"How is Julius?"Alicia asks worriedly.

"As fierce as a tiger." Charles said puffing his chest as if very proud.

Alicia saw it and she cant help but to laugh.
She feels very relieve if this man is his son's husband.

***

Its late and Charles havent arrive yet. The messenger said Charles will be late. Julius never serves Charles and already eaten.
He is lying in his bed preparing for another disturbance. That guy never fail to harass him at night. Though he admits that he never physically force him.
But he will never change how he views at him. A beast, a bastard and someone who ruin him.

The Mother in law and Son in law have fun buying clothes. Alicia is shock how knowledgable Charles is about sewing.
They also eat out. Charles makes her buy some for Gale and he buys some to give to Julius. Though he knows he wont like them if its from him.

"Be patient with that child. He is not a bad person." Alicia said. Charles rents a carriage to bring her home.

Charles bitterly smile.
"I am the bad one so I will be patient. Good night Mother."

"....Good night Son."

Charles is tired but he still walks to the manor. He has to be familiar in the road so he cant take a carriage.

When he came home, the first thing he does is to knock on Julius door.

"Who is it?"

"I buy you a crispy chicken. I heard you--"

"I dont like it."

Charles sighs.
When he looks at the door and see no tray of food he is very happy.