[11] Avoiding me

Aubrey's POV:

It's been a week since Claire took it upon herself to reply to Easton's text message from my phone, and since then I've been avoiding him at all costs.

Things at the bar have been getting easier and easier each day and it's been nice getting to know a few of the girls, especially Kassie who has taken me under her wing.

This afternoon I'm on the early shift, I started at 12:00 PM when we opened, and I'm due to finish at 7:00 PM just before the Friday night rush.

It's currently five-thirty and I'm standing in the kitchen singing to myself softly as I wash a few plates I found in the lunchroom.

"You know sweetheart if I didn't know any better I'd think you've been avoiding me." His deep voice speaks from behind me, his breath hot against my ear.

"I'm not avoiding you," I reply, keeping my back to him.

"Are you sure? Because it feels like ever since you told me you want to sit on my face you've been ignoring me."

I turn to him with a scowl "I didn't say I want to sit on your face, in fact, the only thing I want to do with your face is smother it with a pillow."

"You're extra mean today, I like it." He winks

Rolling my eyes I turn back to the dishes and continue washing. "Did you need something, or do you just like annoying me?"

"I just enjoy being in your presence, especially when you tell me you want to sit on my face."

Feeling anger take over my body I turn quickly "would you stop saying that." I seeth

"Sweetheart, calm down, I'm joking." He reaches his hand out and places it on my cheek.

My body relaxes at his touch and I feel my angry simmer down. "You know you're cute when you're mad." He grins and leans in closer.

"W-what are you doing?" I question as I take a step back my back now pressed firmly against the skin.

"Aubrey, can I get a hand?" Kassie calls from the front.

"Everything fucking time." He huffs and pulls back.

"I uh, I should go and help her." I move my body past him quickly in an attempt to walk away.

"Aubrey." He grabs my arm and pulls me back to him lightly. "Meet me in my office when you're done."

"Sure." I nod and leave the room.

I make my way into the office to find him sitting at his desk with his feet up. "Finally." He huffs

"Really? You've been in here with your feet up while we've been flat out?" I fold my arms across my chest.

"Perks of being the boss." He smirks and points to the chair in front of him "sit."

He removes his legs from the desk, and I sit in the chair across from him. "How would you feel about taking on a new job role?"