Chapter 115 : Stay Away From Me

After the two previous matches, He Jin was instantly welcomed by Hou Dongyan with a warm hug after getting offline, “that’s too awesome, brother Jin! We’re going to try for the championship!” Although He Jin’s performance was still not as good as expected by Hou Dongyan, brother Jin’s role had certainly become increasingly important!

He Jin massaged his temples and only realized how much energy one has to consume when he pays full attention to a game. He hadn’t felt anything, but once he removed the helmet, a surge of fatigue quickly rushed in.

At night, when Hou Dongyan went to bed, he whispered to He Jin on another bed, “if we win, we’ll have a bonus of 500,000 Yuan, I’m sure you’ll share a part of it?”

He Jin was kind of stunned. He was too focused in the game itself, and he had almost forgotten about the bonus…were they going to win after all? If they did, he would be able to return the money to Qin Yang, and he wouldn’t have to worry about the tuition fee of the coming semester…when he thought of that, He Jin felt an inexplicable pleasure. However, not long after that, he felt ashamed by such a thought.

It’s just like people who have bought a lottery hoping to get the first prize – the probability of winning the bonus was not high, He Jin didn’t want himself to only think of profit when it’s about the game.

But then again, he was indeed quite pressurized when thinking about the final match the day after the next day. He felt even more stressed than he was having his college entrance examination!

At this moment, Hou Dongyan started to stutter, “oh, by the way, brother Jin, I suddenly realized that I’ll need to attend a village’s meeting in the afternoon on the day of the final match. And I won’t be able to guard the door for you. What should we do?”

“Oh? I see.” He Jin didn’t notice the guilt feelings in Hou Dongyan’s tone, he thought for a bit then responded, “it’s alright. I will lock the door then. And I’ll stick a Do Not Disturb notice outside. That should be fine.”

Hou Dongyan couldn’t care what method He Jin had, he just had to finish what Qin Yang had asked him to. And that enabled him to pay back for the dinner as well – Ruthless, this is all I could do!

Early the next morning, He Jin received a text message from Qin Yang and asked if he’d have time at noon.

Since school started again, the two people didn’t see each other offline, but they have been communicating on and off via text messages. The previous week, after Qin Yang asked Hou Dongyan to deliver the sweet and sour pork ribs, He Jin hadn’t replied to any of Qin Yang’s messages for three days. That’s why Qin Yang had been the only one making efforts, it’s like he’s talking to himself, sending “good morning” and “good night” to He Jin every night and day.

This time, when Qin Yang sent a message to He Jin, he mentioned that all he wanted to do is to have lunch with He Jin, or even just for a cup of coffee, and it’s mainly about the final match.

Initially, He Jin wanted to suggest discussing it in the game, after putting their helmets on, and that it’s not necessary to meet in real person, but then he re-considered it and realized that since it’d be the final match, Qin Yang could have something important to remind him, and he didn’t want to miss it.

“Then I’ll see you at 12 sharp at the second canteen.” He Jin replied.

After having waited for so many days, Qin Yang finally found a suitable excuse to see his sweetheart, he’s excited just like a guy who fell in love for the first time. He suddenly jumped off his bed, took a shower while singing, changed into a white shirt, dark blue wool pullover, jeans from Levi’s and a pair of embossed, casual-looking shoes made in leather…after cleaning himself from head to toes, he even sprayed a few drops of men’s perfume from Versace on his wrists.