Part 23

Monday,
Khushi and Aman are the busiest persons in the whole office, as the show is in 2 days and final arrangements are yet to be done. Though they can do that on the D-day itself but ASR is hell bent on making them run like they have wheel under their feet.
Lunch-break,
Ashish entered in the office and saw that Aman is ordering the assistants of his for each and every details/updates/status, time to time. "What has happened?" thought and went near him.
Ashish: Aman? Is everything alright?
Aman: Good morning Sir.
Ashish: its afternoon and lunch time it is.
Aman: oh sorry, Sir. Good afternoon.
Ashish: relax... and tell me... what's happening?
Aman: just keeping check on the things of the show...
Ashish: you call this "giving orders and getting nervous and restless" keeping on check, really?
Aman smiled a bit: show is in 2 days...
Ashish: relax... you have been working here from 3 or 4 years... never I have seen you like this... what is it?
Arnav: working papa... he replied as he came and heard him asking Aman.
Ashish: what does that mean? They haven't worked before on such shows?
Arnav asked Aman to get some updates from the event manager of the show.
Ashish: this is not how you make people work under you. You need to be let them relax and work in peace.
Arnav: you can't be friendly with them in office hours... there should be this difference all the time...
Ashish: but I believe in friendly atmosphere in work.
Arnav: and I believe people take your work for granted if you let them be as you say... let's have lunch... with that he along with his father, who shook his head at his son's comment... thinking that he got this habit and thinking ability from his grandfather.
Khushi stuck in the next floor with Neeraj
Khushi: Neeraj... what are you doing? The pics you are taking are not good at all compared to the other days.
Neeraj: I have always been casual while taking pics and never been pressurized...
Khushi: what to do... this laad governor is hell bent on making us run as if we have wheel at our feet...
Neeraj: who? Laad... what?
Khushi: wahi... shehzaade... Arnav Singh Raizada... he thinks that he is a lord and we are his followers... my foot... aisa kaam karta hai koi? [will any one make us do work like that?]
Neeraj was like ROFL...
Neeraj: Khushi... you are amazing... by the way... that name does suits him... now chalo... let's get back to work... I'll get the pics at your table in couple of hours... thanks for mood freshening talks...
Khushi: you better do that... I'll go to the showroom and see if the alternative dresses are ready...
Neeraj: sure...
With that they both resumed their works...
Canteen,
Ashish: Chote, you can't make them run as if they have wheels under their feet... they work here and the atmosphere around them should be energetic not pressure.
Arnav: as I said earlier, office hours meant to be maintaining professionalism else they can take it as for granted.
Ashish: I give up, with that they started their lunch and after completing they went on their ways to their cabins...
Arnav called for a staff meeting the next day.
He instructed the new rules and regulations of working process, a bit of carelessness or irresponsibility can make resigning.
Everyone listened and got nervous but some of the employees who come to work and not to gossip are happy because they don't have to bare the gossips hereafter and thanked their new boss Arnav Singh Raizada for the new rules and especially for ban of gossiping.
Khushi called break for herself from the work and went to canteen to have lunch though its post the lunch break, but she was busy with the arrangements and after checking that everything is in its place and making sure that they are handy, she took break.
She got her plate as sat at the corner table which is besides the window, she loved the climate outside but she can't feel as the window is bind with the glass which can't open.
She is admiring the climate for few moments and then looked at her lunch peacefully till she heard him.
Arnav: I didn't know that I given leisure time to relax in my orders.
Khushi stood up angrily, that's it... she can't stand someone getting too higher in pressurizing people to work.
Khushi: but the orders you passed does need humans to work actively and for that they need to care on energizing themselves. Don't you think so, SIR? She didn‟t mind showing some sarcasm.
Arnav raised his eyebrows hearing her reply.
Arnav: so, can you brief on the updates... as you are doing nothing?
Khushi thought "iski toh mein, hadhh hain yaar, don't even let us eat in piece."
Khushi: sure, SIR... she is stressing on SIR much and he too noticed it...
They started discussing and Khushi didn't at all noticed that he shared her lunch and had most of it as she is speaking all the time and he was listening, when she done with her assigned work she took the spoon to feed herself but eyes grew wider seeing her emptied plate... she thought "did I really eat it all and didn't even get to know?" Arnav smiled at her and left asking her to resume her work. Khushi still felt hungry but her work too needs the attention... sighing she ordered for a milkshake and after getting it she left to her cabin and then to Aman to report him so that she can leave in peace.
There isn't much work to say as Khushi took care of the things under her control in the office and Aman took care outside the office and the event manager is the person they will be reporting to at the end of each day regarding the show and its required arrangements.
Shyam came to the AR showroom to select a dress for Anjali to gift her... she recently got addicted to sarees that most of the times she is wearing them so now to change that he is here to select a dress for her... dress can be anything but saree...
AR showroom is the first floor of the building.
Khushi happened to cross him while checking her bag searching the car keys...
Shyam: Khushi?
She turned around and seeing him she smiled.
Khushi: Shyam? If I'm not wrong,
Shyam: no you aren't.
Khushi: what are you doing here?
Shyam: to select a dress for my fiancé...
Khushi: oh... she passed him a teasing smile.
Shyam blushed though didn't want to but seeing her smiling at him like that, she felt like a cousin or sister teasing him...
Shyam: stop... men don't look good while blushing...
Khushi: who said so... they look cute when they blush, in fact, I think they look even more handsome with the red cheeks and the shy smile...
Shyam: that's enough... what are you doing here?
Khushi: I work here as designer.
Shyam: oh! That's good... so tomorrow show's designs are made by you?
Khushi: yep...
Shyam: well I would like to come then... your and my likes somewhat similar so would you mind selecting a dress?
Khushi: are you trying flirting with me?
Shyam laughed: it's been long since I last flirted... so thought of trying with you... he said with a wink.
Khushi smiled at him and agreed to help him out.. and she realized that yes, their likes does match... if not all...
Arnav who is been in call with Shashi happens to spotted Shyam and Khushi conversing and that too with a smile...
Arnav: that's alright, uncle. We will meet up tomorrow so will catch you then. He ended the call.
He heard their conversation and was thinking, is it that easy to flirt? They thought how dare he flirt with Khushi when he is engaged to his Di, hearing them fully, he got to know that she knows him being engaged but doesn't know who is his fiancé and Shyam is related to him. he is not able to see them smiling all the while.
Khushi: this would be great I think...
Shyam: but she doesn't like red... she likes Maroon.
Khushi: hmm... she again turned back and started looking around... checked some dresses which he didn't agree to but because Anjali would point out some or the other thing.
Khushi: God, Shyam! How many times have you been on shopping with her?
Arnav smiled at her question... he is behind the see through door cabin of his on the floor and can hear their talks... he is waiting for Shyam's answers.
Shyam: it's been 3 years by now that we known each and from last 2 years dating... and trust me... the number of times I went on shopping with her would be more than the days we spent on knowing each other... every single day you will get to know the same person differently... and about her shopping I knew it all... and apart from that... nothing I can guarantee you... as the taste changes with time...
Khushi: wow... I have nothing to say... now getting back to work... how would white look on her?
Shyam: Princess... he said dreamily...
Khushi: Aww... she handed him a dress to get him back...
Shyam: wow... Khushi... it's purely amazing... he hugged her sideways... and she didn't feel awkward...
Shyam: I promise you... I'll be there for you whenever you need... say like a brother?
Khushi: Brother? Isn't it you who sometime back flirting with me? She said raising her eye brow...
Shyam: no harm... com‟on... you are a life savior... seriously... thank you...
Khushi held her head high as if accepting his thank you with a pride...
Shyam: so, it is done... whenever I'll be here, you will help me out... he stated making her frown at him...
Khushi: when did I agree on this?
Shyam: can't you do this much to you newly found brother? He said with a fake sad face...
Khushi: you are too much... BHAYYA... she smiled... waise... I don't have brothers... so it's glad meeting my newly found brother...
He gave his card to her and she gave hers. After getting the bill done... they turned to go... but stopped seeing Arnav in front of them...
Khushi muttered: lo aa gaya laad governor... mood spoil karne, this is surely heard by Shyam and he was trying hard not to laugh so pressing his lips hard...
Arnav looked at him raised his eye brow as if asking what is it? Shyam shook his head... but Khushi continued her muttering making Shyam hard to control...
Arnav: aren't you done with your work yet?
Khushi "how can he be so careless... questioning her in front the customer" : just leaving Sir...
Arnav: and you, what are you doing here?
Shyam controlled himself and smiled at him: came to pick up a dress to my fiancé and Khushi helped me...
Khushi looked at both of them as thinking do they know each other?
Shyam: Khushi... meet my Sa.. Friend... Arnav and Arnav... this is Khushi... my newly found sister. I know that you work here and you both know each other... well, that comes under profession and this is personal...
Khushi faked a smile at Arnav and turning to Shyam she takes her leave and went away.
Arnav: what was that?
Shyam: making you believe that I have nothing towards her other than sisterly feeling...
Arnav: and why are you trying to make me believe that?
Shyam: I know you like her... making Arnav eyes wide...
Arnav: what rubbish?
Shyam: well, the Arnav Singh Raizada I know... never intrude in someone's conversations... also never pays a glance at her if it's not professional... but here you are just looking at her with something in your eyes which I'm not able to read but you sister can?
Arnav: what does that mean...?
Shyam: we spotted you and Khushi having lunch yesterday in the restaurant.
Arnav muttered you are dead Arnav...
Shyam: I know... I'll leave then... bye... he turned back and asked for the passes of the show...
Arnav: come and collect tomorrow... he said and went away...
Shyam: unbelievable! The great ASR went away without commenting something... means... there is something going on... with that even he left... collecting the dress.