Part 24

Fashion Show,
The models started walking on the ramp, carrying the bridal dresses along with Christian wedding gowns.
Khushi designed 2 wedding gowns and most of the traditional lehenga cholis... in which one is the showstopper going to wear. 

None saw Khushi from the time show started, only her assistants are looking after every model and the last touch ups...
Aman: Khushi, where are the hell are you? Please show up, warna ASR maardalega... God! Please help us. He prayed and continued to search her.
Event Manager: Mr. Mathur, where is Ms. Khushi? She should go on stage with the ASR in 20min.
Aman: she must be here; I'll go and see where she is.
Arnav heard them talking and was wondering where she could be, he looked front and back for 2 sec and then went in the direction of green room.
Green room,
Khushi wanted to wear sari and go on the stage as the theme of the show is traditional but she doesn't know how to drape it. She wore the petticoat and blouse, and sitting on the stool of the dressing table and sulking at the sari. She never wore a sari before but now she wanted to wear it and appear on the stage but her plan backfired, she remembered her mother saying lot of times to drape a sari but she never listen and wore suit or long skirts and went. Now she is repenting, sighing she changed into the formal 3/4th grey skirt and white shirt with a white scarf tied around her neck and clipping half on the hair and left her hair open with a pair of black shoe medium heels. She looked the best at it and packed the sari in her bag and opened the door to go as it's time for her to show up. She didn't feel nervous for the show so she concentrated on herself for the first time. She usually wears formal pants, for a change she chooses either sari or skirt.
Arnav is looking for her in every greenroom which is booked but she isn't there. Finally he stepped before the last room he could seem, he was about to knock but the door itself opened Khushi came out.
Arnav was speechless for few seconds seeing her in something different, though she wore the formal but still, he has never seen her in casuals apart from when he visited her place for a meeting with her father.
Khushi was equally shocked to see him,
Khushi: Sir? She noticed him looking at her and she felt, did she miss anything?
Arnav: beautiful! He thought but didn't say it out.
Arnav: what the hell do you think of yourself? All are searching for you and here you are relaxing yourself.
Khushi: excuse me? She is really confused, him being fussy on her.
Arnav: what are you waiting for? Come let's go, with that he dragged her and stopped when they reached the backstage, where models are being prepared to go in a line on the ramp, as it's coming to an end.
Aman: Khushi, where have you been? We were searching for you all over and your mobile is not reachable.
She took out her phone and checked that it got switch off and she showed the same to him. He couldn't say anything but sigh informed that she will be going on stage in next 5 min. She nodded and apologized to all for the inconvenience caused by her.
Aman: well, you are looking pretty. He said and went away.
Arnav looked at Aman, who is going back to his seat, thinking how he can compliment her. He looked at Khushi, who smiled at Aman and went to her assistants to ask if everything went well. They replied positive and congratulated her for the collection.
Khushi came to the showstopper to check if she is comfortable with the dress.
Jiya: I'm absolutely fine, and this is really great though it's heavy but commendable.
Khushi smiled at her and clicked pics with her and others. There comes the announcement calling her with the showstopper and other models.
First all the models went and stood in a row and then Jiya starts her walk again and goes back to get Khushi on stage.
Host: Ladies and Gentlemen, here is the lady behind these designs. Khushi Gupta!
All applauded for her and gave her appreciative glances, she bowed her head and joined her hands thanking them, while seeing around she spotted her father clapping for her and she can see the pride in his eyes, she thanked him by bowing her head again and hugged Jiya.
The host welcomed ASR and Aman to join them and say something.
First Aman spoke and thanked everyone for being a part of the show and making it success.
Arnav said his speech and thanked for coming and making this event successful and asked them to join the party on the other side of the hall.
All wrapped up the show and went backstage.
Aman: ASR, media is waiting for the interview.
Arnav: okay. He nodded.
Aman: Khushi you too.
Khushi: what? Mein kyun?
Arnav: you are the head designer of AR.
Khushi: but...
Aman: Khushi, relax! Now you need to get used of it. He went away...
Khushi got nervous.
Arnav: you are not a celebrity in anyway unless they know you as Shashi uncle's daughter. So just answer them as an employee of the company and Aman said it right, if you are in this field then you need to get used with the media. Maybe this is the real world where you are going to step in.
Khushi looked at him as if getting him and looked down then taking a deep breath, she looked up and putting a smile on: let's go.
Arnav nodded and they went to give an interview.
Media interviewed Arnav first then they interviewed Khushi, though she stammered in the start later she picked it up and started responding confidently.
Reporter: one last question Ms. Khushi.
Khushi: Yes.
Reporter: we spotted ASR holding your hand and walking to the backstage, so may we know what relation do you share with him?
Khushi is stunned to hear such question and looked at Arnav to see his reaction but he just passed them a smiled and replied.
Arnav: well, we don't share any relationship with each other apart from Employee and Boss. If that is what you are pointing at, she got nervous and I just helped her out.
Reporter: but you are the boss, so how come you helped her out?
Arnav: my father believes in friendly atmosphere between employee and boss. I hope that clears your doubt. He said and went away along with Khushi.
Khushi stood behind him silently and was thinking what made them think if there is something between them.
Arnav looked down at her and then around to see if there is anyone, seeing no one around as all went to the other side of the hall where the party is going to start.
He came close to her and stood inches away and whispered in her ear.
Arnav: kya hua? He asked with so much intensity and deadly husky voice.
Khushi moved a bit to look to him and couldn't say anything as he is standing that close to her and she can't even move back.