Chapter 10

Peter's P.O.V.

I woke up to the most beautiful girl I have ever seen wrapped in my arms. That's right. I - Peter Maximoff had feelings for my best friend Cassidy. (Cliche, am I right?).

I heard her screaming the night prior and immediately rushed to her room, which I still had an extra key card to access. That's when I saw her tossing and turning with tears streaming down her face. I knew that it was dangerous to wake her up, but I took my chances anyway. I shook her and called her name until she finally woke up. I don't know what she was dreaming about, but it must have been really bad for her to be so distraught.

Ever since Warren had started living at the X-mansion, she's been acting really weird. Before he showed up, we used to be really close and I actually thought that I maybe had a chance with her. I had always been too scared to ask her out because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. But at this moment, lying here with her in my arms, I was regretting not telling her about my feelings. I'm pretty sure that all she sees me as is a big brother, but I've always wanted to be more than that to her. I was going to make sure that she was going to end up with me, not Warren, no matter what. Cassidy dating Warren would only end in heartbreak and pain. I was determined to not let Cassidy get hurt. Not when I could protect her.

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed the knocking coming from the door. I gently moved Cassidy to the side and got up to answer it. I opened the door to a very excited Jean whose expression turned to confusion when she saw that Cassidy was still asleep and I was the one who answered the door.

Her eyes widened "Peter, did you finally tell Cassidy about your-"

"Shhh" I cut her off "She's still sleeping"

"Sorry" She whispered

"And no I didn't. She had a nightmare and I stayed with her to make her feel safe."

"Awwwww" Jean sighed, smiling 

"Anyway, what did you come here for?" I asked

"Oh, Warren's surgery was successful! Professor X told me that the first person he asked for was Cassidy, so I came here to get her."

I pressed my lips into a thin line,

"Relax, Peter. You guys can hang out later. Warren just got out of SURGERY. He deserves to see her" Jean said

"Just let me wake her up," I said while walking over to Cassidy.

I gently brushed the hair from her face and tapped her shoulder

"Cassidy," I said, almost whispering

I definitely didn't want her to go see Warren. Even though it may be selfish, I want her to spend time with me.

"Mhm," She groaned, still visibly tired from the lack of sleep

"Cassidy," I said, a little louder this time

She slowly opened her eyes and gave me a dreamy smile

"Morning," She said, sitting up, yawning and stretching her arms above her head.

"Ugh, this is taking too long." Jean sighed "Warren's surgery was successful and he wants to see you!"

Cassidy's eyes widened and she jumped to her feet, running to the bathroom to get dressed.

"So much for waking her up gently," I said sarcastically

"You're welcome," Jean said, giving me a fake smile coupled with a stern look.

I rolled my eyes and headed back to my room so I could get ready for the day. I really needed something to get my mind off Cassidy spending time with Warren. Suddenly, I had a perfect idea: 

BOYS NIGHT!

A/N:

I hope that you guys enjoyed Chapter 10 of Archangel! If you like my story please feel free to vote. Have a great day : )

- edited 5/14/20 -