▪️8

"Haewonnie-ah! You're going to be late!"

The girl drowned out the sounds of her mother as she cocooned herself into the blankets and blocked her ears with her pillow.

She had gotten little to none sleep as she spent the night crying. The emptiness filled her heart and she couldn't help but look at her wrist now and again, being reminded of his words.

The covers were ripped off her body and she was dragged out of bed before she could even protest.

Before she even knew it, she was sitting in the passenger seat of her Father's car with no will to go to school.
He glanced over at her and sighed.
"What's up darling?"

Haewon shrugged, frowning at her hands.
"Park Jisung huh?" Her Dad spoke, looking at her wrist.
"He a nice guy?"

Haewon left the question unanswered as he pulled up to the school and the girl got out, walking over to the pavement.
"Hey." Her Dad called out as he looked out of the window at his daughter.

"Give it time."

▪️

"He's back."
"Today?"
"Why?"
"Shit."
"Park Jisung is back?"
"Hide your girlfriends dudes."
"He scares the shit out of me."
"Imagine him with a Soulmate."
"I'd feel sorry for her."
"For real."

Haewon bit her bottom lip as she hid her wrist with her bracelet and tucked her hair behind her ear as she began walking through the busy bustling halls.
She tried to conceal her sadness as best as she could with the help of makeup but her eyes told a completely different story.

"Hey."
"Oh hey Chenle." Haewon said, less enthusiastic as she normally was and Chenle caught onto the lack of sparks in her eyes.
"Are you okay?" He asked, observing her and the girl attempted to plaster a smile on her face but failed as she shook her head.

"I'll see you late-" Haewon wasn't looking where she was going as she bid her goodbyes, wanting to get out of the stuffy area.

When her body collided with someone else's, she yelped as she lost her footing and screwed her eyes shut. A hand instinctively shot out to grab her wrist and Haewon held her breath, opening her eyes and breathing out of relief.

But when she looked up,the eyes of Park Jisung glared into hers and her breath hitched.
"Watch where you're going."
Jisung took one last glance at her before removing his hand from stabilizing her, making the girl stumbled back onto the floor.

"Ow," she whined quietly, the pain hitting her ankle and Jisung didn't look back, although he felt every second of it.
His jaw clenched and he walked over to his friends.
"Hey Chen-" Jisung paused as his best friend walked right past him and kneeled down next to Haewon.

"Who's that?" Jeno asked, leaning against the locker. Jaemin shrugged and Renjun narrowed his eyes.
"Haewon, she came from China."
"She doesn't look Chinese."
"I think she only went there briefly or something."
"Oh... Chenle's friend?" Jeno asked and Renjun shrugged.
"Seems like it- oh Jisung," Renjun exclaimed and the Younger boy tore his eyes away from the two and towards Renjun.

"You're Soulmate string, it's gone." He exclaimed and the other boys looked over.
"Who's the lucky girl?" Donghyuck said, grinning and Jisung scoffed.

Jeno clapped his hands excitedly.
"Are you happy, you must feel really excited and complete-"
"I rejected her."

"What!' Renjun exclaimed, the whole student body in the hallway turning to look at him.
"Mind your own business." He yelled out to the crowd and it began to disperse.
"Jisung, why!" Jaemin exclaim and Jisung sighed harshly.

"I don't need a Soulmate."

"Yes you do, or you'll die."

"So be it."