Sixty

Elly sips her soda, nodding, holding Jazmyne's arm. "Really? How'd that happen?"

Jazmyne dips her fry in barbeque sauce, "I was six. Growing up with brothers they used me as a punching bag".

Elly nods, letting go of Jazmyne's arm, "Hm".

"We had this game where they'd form a circle and see who can push me the hardest".

Elly laughs, "Damn. And you just let them?"

"I thought it was fun. Even though I would get hurt...You never had a made-up game with your siblings?"

Elly shakes her head, "Nah. By the time I was born they was both teens. I had a dog though".

Jazmyne smiles, "Say dog again".

Elly smiles and shakes her head, "Dog".

(a/n: for anyone wondering new yorkers have strong accents that why she asked her to repeat..okay-bye)

Jazmyne smiles and grabs her soda. "So. What's it like living in New York? I hear mixed stories".

Elly shrugs, "Mm. It was easier to skip class". Jazmyne giggles and shakes her head.

"Nah uh. It was fine for me. I hung out with...Some...Bad people I guess. But that's my home, I miss it there".

Jazmyne smiles, "Sometimes I miss Atl but...Met my best friends here".

"Yeah. I've met some cool people here too. I just, miss my pops".

**
Gabi was sitting next to Noah and Benjamin as they flirted with each other. "She hasn't said anything to me...It was a stupid move".

Benjamin nods, "Yeah. It was. You know how Elly is. Don't be surprised when she goes off on you".

Gabi rolls her eyes, "So much for support".

Benjamin sits up, looking at her. "Gabi. You put this on yourself. You know Elly has had her eye on Jazmyne and you tried to screw it up".

Noah nods, "Yeah. And you kinda did lie to Lucas. We ain't picking sides but, what do you expect".

Gabi sighs and looks down at her nails. Benjamin hums as Noah kisses his temples. "Hey babe, I found this arcade place. Wanna go? We can go Friday."

Benjamin smiles, "Oo! A date!? Yes!" Noah smiles and kisses his hand.

**
It was now the next week, a Monday. Benjamin walks into school alongside Noah. "Uh oh".

Noah looks up from his phone, seeing Elly and Gabi arguing.

Elly chuckles, "Bro. What the fuck is wrong with you? I told you ion like you...Then you try and fuck up my chances with getting with her?"

Gabi shakes her head, "I was drunk! I didn't mean it!"

Luckily the two were in a classroom so no one could hear them. Elly shakes her head, "No the fuck you wasn't cause ya had like one fucking sip. You knew what you was doing".

"I didn't come here to argue. I wanted to say I'm sorry".

Elly nods, "How about ya apologize to fucking Lucas? Tell him how fucking sorry you was. And then apologize to Jazmyne. That shits fucked up, bro".

Lucas walks over with Jazmyne, "I think she's in here, saw Benjamin and Noah walk over".

Noah looks over, seeing the two. "Hey. Elly is cussing Gabi out for lying".

Lucas looks over, furrowing his brows. "Uh oh. What happened?"

Jazmyne smiles, "Lied to me and said she was Elly's ex and that they were trying to get back together".

Lucas's eyes widen, "What?"

Jazmyne nods, sipping her coffee. "Yup".

Benjamin grabs Noah's hand, "Elly is walking out".

Jazmyne smiles at them, walking off to her other friends. Benjamin and Noah walk over to Benjamin's locker, starting a fake conversation and Lucas follows.

Elly swings the door open, walking the opposite direction to cool down. Gabi walks out, looking over at the group.

She walks over, looking at Benjamin. "Did what you said...She didn't take it very well".

Benny nods and hums. "At least you're tried".

"Yeah".

**
Lucas gets in Noah's car, laughing. "I know! And he can't even play right! I know you seen the way he tried to do a layup, that shit was critical".

Noah laughs and shakes his head, "He really tried to mock Sanchez too even though he's been benching warming the last two games".

Lucas shakes his head, "Exactly! He's really trying to be funny and it ain't working!"

Benjamin walks over to the car, smiling. He sits in the front seat, turning to Noah. "Ask me why I'm smiling".

Noah glances at Lucas before looking back at Benny, "Okay. Why're you smiling?"

"You guys know how I'm in stem?.... Well! We qualified for the competition! And guess what else?" Benjamin's smile almost increases even more.

Noah smiles at that, shrugging. "What else, baby?"

"I'm the team captain! And I chose my friend Amira as my like buddy or whatever".

"Cool, baby. Good job". Noah leans over, kissing him once.

Lucas smiles, "Aye, good job. That's dope. I have exciting news too".

"Which is?"

"I gotta date-".

Gabi opens the car door, looking at Lucas. Lucas clears his throat, "I have a date on Friday".

**
Benjamin sits with Gabi, nodding. "Everyone's gonna be on edge, okay? You can't expect everything to go back to normal".

Gabi nods, "I just...Don't want everyone to hate me".

"Okay. Well. You apologized to Elly...Now you need to apologize to Jazmyne...Then Lucas".

Gabi sighs and runs her hands down her face. "I'm such a fuck-up. Shit. Okay...And...Thanks for being lenient with me".

Benjamin nods and smiles, "Girl. You act like you're the only one to ever do stupid shut. A reminder of what my ex-best friends did".

Gabi nods and smiles. She hugs Benjamin before nodding again. "Okay. I'll see you later, okay?"

Benjamin nods and watches her walk off. He hums and sees Kiara walking over. "Can we talk?"

Benjamin grabs his bag off the floor, "Nope".

**