Chapter 131: Fifth Life - Once Again Strangers

It's already time.

Chuju is fixing my golden hairpiece. Strands of gold beads cover my face. All that's left to wear is the red veil.

"I'm so glad you're back," Chuju says. Lightly fixing the hanging strands, she takes a step back to observe. "They interrogated me like I was some kind of criminal. Don't leave me behind again if you're going to run away."

I sigh, "With my cursed life turning out like this, it would be best for you to live your own life."

"Huh?"

"Are you planning to follow me your whole life, Chuju? Don't you want to get married and have kids? A normal life?"

"Sure, I do. I just haven't met the right person."

"Would you like to take my place today?" I offer.

"Don't say that!" She yells. "Don't even joke about making me take your place and you run off. Sect Leader Yang will kill me as soon as he realizes I'm not you."

A knock interrupts us at the door.

Too heavy to move, I turn to the door while still seated in the chair facing the vanity mirror.

"Who is it?" Chuju calls.

"It's Gu Yi."

She goes to open the door. Not allowing him to enter, she asks, "What is it?"

"I need to talk to Miss Yuxing."

Chuju let's him pass through. He walks into the room and bows his head.

"Miss Yuxing, Sect Leader has asked me to let you know that the wedding has been called off."

I stand after hearing the news.

Gu Yi continues, "And he's asked that I escort you off Bleak Night property immediately."

"Hey! Gu Yi! What's the big idea?!" Chuju argues.

I'm honestly confused. The day before we arrived back here and Yang Zi Huo didn't say a word to me. Before he was dead set on having this wedding and suddenly he's calling it off?

"He doesn't get to call it off! I'm the one who gets to call it off!" Stomping, I walk pass Gu Yi with the intention to confront Yang Zi Huo.

On my short walk, I notice that all the wedding decorations were gone. The dark colored buildings took over with their usual hideous appearance.

Two guards stand by the door to his study. As I approach, they block the door with their spears.

"Let me through." I glare at them. I'm not in the mood to be pushed around.

"Sect Leader asked to not be disturbed by anyone," one of them say.

Really? The other day they were treating me like a queen. Not that I'm not going to marry their leader, they go back to treating me like crap.

"I'm not just anyone... Got it?"

"Let her in." A terrorizing voice orders from inside.

They promptly open the doors for me after hearing that. I see Yang Zi Huo standing by his desk with his back to me. The heavy robe and noisy golden jewelry makes it difficult for me to move, but I lift my legs to enter and make my way to his desk. The guards behind closes the door swiftly.

"Yang Zi Huo, what is this about calling off the wedding?" I ask.

He doesn't pay attention to me and reads his book for awhile then proceeds to ignore me as he walks to his chair behind the desk.