Part 25

For the remainder of our event time we were socialising with our guests and eating some of the finger foods.
We had little sandwiches and cupcakes along tables on offer and refreshing drinks brought around by a few helpful waitresses who offered to pitch in.

"Isabelle, that was excellent."

I turn to see Lola's beaming face, her blonde hair done neatly in a French braid over her shoulder.

"Thank you." I say, knowing this was only one of many compliments I had received since the performance.

"Honestly, your group has done so well, it looks amazing. I don't know how anyone can top this." Lola said, gesturing around to all the decorations and lights around the garden.

I nod, "Well we have to just wait and see what Sapphire has come up with."

"Lady Isabelle!" I saw Prince Edward waving me over so I parted ways from Lola and went over to join him.
He was standing with Queen Catherine and Queen Meghan under one of the umbrellas and they had been chatting amongst themselves.

"Miss Isabelle, your violin playing was excellent, truly." Prince Edward compliments, giving me a polite smile.

"Thank you your majesty." I say and see the queens both watching me with friendly smiles.

"Yes, Lady Isabelle, you are incredibly talented and I wanted to offer you a position to play at our winter festival." Queen Kate said with a smile.

I felt a grin spread across my face, "That would be an honour your majesty, thank you." I say, wanting to jump with joy.

"But, since you don't live in this country and my son will be able to send people home from now, you will be require to remain at the palace even if Prince Thomas doesn't want you in the competition. Do you accept those terms?"

I thought for a moment, and knew I couldn't pass up this opportunity, "Yes, of course, thank you."

Queen Kate and Queen Meghan both smiled at me kindly, but Kate lent in whisper something to me and only me.

"But, just between you and me I don't think you will be going home too soon." She whispered so only I could hear.

I felt my smile widen and my heart flutter.

✿✿✿

Once our time slot ended we were guided by the Sapphire team to their activity up on the balcony.

Their setup was quite stylish, including red, orange and yellow lantern lights hanging all around.

The daytime sky was quickly fading and the crisp air was cool against my skin.
After a long day we were all ready to wind down with this final activity.

Emma, Natasha, Freya, Alex and Stella were the Sapphire girls and they all added a blue ribbon to their hair so as to signify they were the hosts.
Even though we had been eating all day, I still enjoyed the pizza slice I was given.

A music speaker sat on one of the food tables and was blasting some upbeat tunes for us to dance along to.
Princess Charlotte grabbed my arm and pulled me into the dance circle, waving her arms up in the arm to the music.

I saw Harriet bopping along to the song as she was chatting away to Prince Thomas over in one corner, she seemed to be blushing quite a bit.

"Today's been so much fun." Charlotte says happily and I agree with a nod, pulling my heels from my feet, tossing them off the dance floor.
Lola and Emma came to dance with us and we all held each other as we laughed and joked around.