-10-

max
It had been a few months since the incident at the arcade, and neither jane or mike had talked to me. The first few weeks after  will tried to make an effort to sit with me at lunch until he stopped and I was completely alone. mike was mad at me because i accidently told jane about him and will. as for jane she knew how to hold a grudge and was mad at me for all sorts of things. that's when I knew I couldn't belong here in hawkins.

the december breeze blew through the hallways of hawkins high as posters for the snowball dance were hung on the walls.

"hey um max?"

I peeled my eyes from my locker to a nervous lucas fidgeting with his hands. "what stalker?" I asked lucas, who in addition to dustin seemed to be my only friends even if they could get pretty annoying.

"well the snowball is coming up..."

"mhm..school dances are not really my crowd"

"would it change your mind if you went with me?" he asked smoothly.

as I contemplated it I agreed to go but just as friends, nothing more, he was a sweet guy but deep down I knew I still had my eyes on someone else.

jane
I looked across the hallway to see max and lucas talking and couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy when she said yes to going to the dance with him. I hadn't talked to her after the outburst in the arcade, and I felt pretty guilty and embarrassed from it. not to mention I couldn't bring myself to apologizing to mike because I couldn't bear to see the hurt on his face just from seeing me. I fucked up big time. here's to the bitchy jane hopper.

mike
after the arcade rumors spread like wildfire and I was then known as the "gay kid" at school. all I knew was that I liked will so it pissed me off being labeled to something i wasn't even sure of yet. will and I kept our relationship pretty low in school though because it was hawkins.

"hey will, I have something to ask you" I said as the nervous anxiety of asking my boyfriend to a dance built up.

"oh really, I have something to ask you too"

"oh. then lets both say it at the same time"

"will you go to the dance with me?" we both said in perfect harmony and then nervously giggled.

"yeah of course" will said smiling and lightly kissed my cheek.

"yes! I mean cool" I said trying to play it off smooth, we may have been dating a few months now but we were still awkward at its finest and trying to be best friends as well.

// I think my high school has a winter formal idk, also if you have a somewhat romantic dream about someone you used to date does that mean you still have feelings for them, just curious :0