[12] Party

The atmosphere at home is rather icy. All three of us are sitting at the table eating breakfast, but none of us are speaking. Today is the day of Leo's party which is being held at Easton's place and I've really been looking forward to it.

"Are you both still coming tonight?" I question breaking the ice.

"You still want him thereafter how he treated you yesterday?" Claire glares.

"I don't want to fight with either of you, and I don't want either of you fighting so can we just forgot about last night?"

Sighing softly Claire shrugs "I'll be there tonight." she stands up from the table and pushes her chair in leaving the room.

I pick up my spoon once again and look back down at my bowl of cereal.

"I'm sorry," Caleb says softly

I look back up at him and smile softly "It's fine."

"It's not, and what I said wasn't true, I said it because I was jealous." He admits

"Why would you be jealous?

"Because Aubrey, you're smart and beautiful and funny and you're way too good for that asshole, you should be with someone more like, well."

"You?" I question

"Stupid idea huh?" He sighs and shakes his head looking down

"Caleb I love you, but I don't love you like that."

"I got that." He nods

"Come on, you and I are so good as friends, I wouldn't want to ruin it."

"Is it really that Aubrey? Or was I too slow and now it's too late?"

"Caleb, I-"

"You've already fallen for him." He huffs sadly "If he hurts you I'll kill him, I don't give a shit who he thinks he is, him and his stupid mates." He stands up from the table and leaves

Once again I'm taken aback by his words, his stupid mates? what mates? Leo, Reid, and Nate? what's wrong with them? they seem fine to me.

By the time 6 PM rolls around both Claire and I are well and truly ready to go. Claire is dressed in a tight red skirt to her knee and a white spaghetti strap crop top that meets almost at the beginning of the skirt, showing only a tiny amount of skin, teamed with some wedged heels, and I'm dressed in a long-sleeved black form-fitting dress with some heels.

"You ready to go?" Caleb asks as he sticks his head around the corner

"Are you going to be on your best behavior?" Claire asks with a warning glare

"I'm not going to cause any trouble." He holds up his hands in defense.

"You better not." Claire pokes him in the chest as she exits the room.

We arrive at the house at 6:30 PM on the dot and there are already hundreds of cars around the place. Caleb parks the car and we step out making out way to the gate where five security guards are standing, one of them with a list.

I look up at the stunning house in front of me and can't believe what I'm seeing, he must have rich parents? Or maybe I should have studies business when I was at school, no he definitely has rich parents.

"Names?" The man asks.

"Aubrey Black, and Claire and Caleb Williams" I smile

"Head right on in guys." He lets us in.