Chapter 18: Gyeongsang

Lisa Pov

If only you're jealous because you love me, more than just your best friend. I'm going to give in and gave you all of me.

But we've both know you have someone else in your heart and it wasn't me.

I heave a sigh, as my hands reach both her hands cupping my cheeks. And lower it down, giving her a weak smile.

"I will always be your best friend, you have nothing to worry about Nini. I won't ignore you just because I'm falling for someone else.", I mumbled while looking at her. Jennie flashes me a tight-lipped smile in return as she nods.

"I hope so Lili, so are also saying that you're falling to that girl?" My best friend asks as she retrieved her hands from me and hide it on her back. She sighed heavily afterward. And I just remember about Jieun sunbaenim again, and it began to bother me.

"I think I do, and I don't know how, and when it actually started? I kept thinking about her when she's not with me. And I still keep thinking about her even she's with me.", I confessed.

My arms crossed. And I started to pace back and forth trying to think of what I should do after scaring the hell out of her.

-------

Jennie has taken a deep breath, after feeling her chest tightened, and felt the air thickened at every word her best friend had utter about the girl.

She didn't expect to feel something like that when in fact she already has a boyfriend. And she's supposed to feel happy about Lisa finally having to fall for someone else that's not her. Jennie knows about her best friend's feelings about her ever since. She wasn't oblivious about it. And all she wanted is for Lisa to find someone she'll cherish and be happy with. Because she can't give back the love the tall girl has for her.

She only sees the girl as her friend and nothing more. Although Lisa is so attractive and has everything in her life, it never crossed her mind that she'll get intimate with the latter due to their bond as friend, family.

And when she fell for Kai the moment she laid her eyes on him. She totally forget about Lisa's feelings for her.

But lately. She finds herself crying for some reason she couldn't understand. It wasn't supposed to hurt, but it does.

Now she's looking at her best friend who's unaware of how romantic she sounds. Lisa is a sweet person. And unexpectedly old fashioned when she's in love. Now she can finally see it.

Her hands clenched at her back. As she swallowed a lump.

"You really are getting fond of her," Jennie mumbled with pursed lips.

"I can't help it. And I can't control myself around her. She looks obviously frightened from what I did, I went overboard Nini what am I gonna do? What if she'll keep her distance from me?" Lisa threw her a lot of questions while pacing in front of her best friend.

"That's a lot of questions. But I would suggest you let her have the distance she wants." Jennie suggested that made Lisa halt.

"But-"

"That's impossible," Lisa mumbled with furrowed brows. Her best friend shrugged.

"Lili, you said she looks frightened. Then don't scare her even more. If she wants to have that distance from you then let her."

"I think you still need to evaluate your feelings, you're just infatuated we do not know if the next day you still like her despite pushing you away. You might still lose your interest. So think about it carefully before you approach her again so you wouldn't ruin your image more." Jennie added.