Chapter 21

Dear Jenn,

It's been 3 months since I've left the U.S. and my career here in England has been amazing. Fans have been crowding around my flat everyday; sneaking through windows and the backdoor. I've done a couple of radio performances and interviews. I've also started to do concerts at parks and arenas (hopefully I'll do a tour soon and that means I'll be visiting the U.S). It's been non-stop traveling, meeting fans, interviews, singing, more traveling, merchandise, etc. and I love it. But there are those days when I'm feeling poorly and have gotten sick from exhaustion. Just recently, I was sick from the stress and everything so my manager let me take the day off. In fact, he said that next week will be my week off and immediately, I thought of you.

I don't have much time to write this because I'm in the car right now, squished in the back (sorry about my handwriting, the metalled road is very bumpy). But before I close this letter, I want to tell you a dare that I pulled with my mates.

So my mates were over my flat and we decided to go out to get some lunch. But we couldn't because there were a group of fans crowding around my car. My mate, John (he's so funny but still quiet), told me that I need to go outside in disguise. We joked around about it and after a while he dared me to wear my Batman costume (from when I was younger) and jump out of the window all heroic and stuff. So, I did. My mates went out to the car and were talking with the girls. They told me that they kept asking them where I was, and knowing John, he shrugged and said I was using the loo. So after 10 min. he texted me to come outside and make my "big entrance". Abruptly, I jumped out of the window (don't worry love, it was the first floor) and I snuck behind the car. Without warning, I jumped out and shouted, "Batman to the rescue!" The girls screamed and laughed while my mates and I were pretending to fight. After I won (Batman always wins), we all quickly jumped in the car and drove off to lunch. I really wish you were there, it was so fun!

I have to go now, we just pulled up to my next fan signing. I wish I can call you and text you, but then again, I don't want your phone bill sky rocketing from all of the long distances calls. So we'll just have to stick with letters and I don't mind it. Honestly, I like it better.

It's summer vacation for you, right? So I'm guessing you're sleeping at the beach and riding the waves at your secret surfing spot. Save some waves for me, love.

Love,

Matt

P.S. I miss you