Chapter 82

*Well I've decided to dedicate this chapter to my grandmother who passed away late in the evening on Dec. 17, 2019, she is loved and missed.*

                                               Sidney

Two more days. Just two more days until I could be free of this evil uterus strangling disaster, and finally get back to business as usual without wanting to rip everyone apart. I had to admit a devilish part of me found it amusing to watch them skitter off in fear whenever my mood turned more towards sour than sweet. Micah had skyrocketed in the ranks of fools I liked and had respect for, he was now in my top five at least. I had to gove Colton credit as well considering he'd forced himself to push back his own discomfort with my bodily functions to make me a bit more comfortable. It was probably rotten of me to have the poor fools waiting on me hand and foot, running off to get whatever I asked of them, but considering the fact I felt horrible I couldn't bring myself to feel sorry for them at the time. 

"Feeling any better?" Colton asked wearily as he brought me my morning coffee, surveying my cocoon of blankets I had wrapped myself in on the couch. "I feel like I'm being repeatedly stabbed alternatively in the lower back and stomach, not to mention I can't decide if I want to cry over Marley and Me or kick Emmett in the cajones for making me watch it, right now I'm seriously considering both." I muttered, although I didn't really want to climb from my cocoons just yet and Emmett had fled when it got to the sad part and I started cursing him out. "Well at least it will be over in another day or two." Micah tried to be cheerful as he brought me a plate of scrambled eggs and sausage. 

"Easy for you to say, you're a guy, you have no idea what true pain is. Well on second thought it's kind of like being ripped to pieces from the inside, out." I hissed out a groan as a wave of cramps pierced through my abdomen again. "Hey uh, Sid, I was going to ask if you wanted to come with me to the sanctuary today but if you don't feel like..." I immediately cut Gavin off as I kicked myself free of my cocoon. "Yes, please! I need to cuddle with adorable furry creatures after that nightmare of Marley and Me." I pleaded eagerly.

 "I thought you still weren't feeling well?" Colton raised accusingly. "I'm not but animals make everything better." I shrugged, besides I was fairly certain we all needed a little break from my crazy hormones for a little while. "Great I'll get the stuff together and meet you by the car in five, Fletch is coming too." Gavin grinned, I nodded before scarfing down my breakfast and coffee and rushing upstairs to change really quick before meeting them both outside. 

                                                   Gavin

The next few days having Sidney back at the sanctuary was a welcome relief, she was actually acting normally and not like she wanted to kill us all. The animals seemed to enjoy having her back almost as much as she loved seeing and caring for all of them again. When I'd mentioned the strange connection she had with even the newest sanctuary inhabitants she had shrugged it off as having a mutual respect for each other, but somehow I guessed it was note than that. I had to agree that they did seem to respect her but it was like they knew something we didn't, like she was different than any of us, and for one thing she was far more protective and caring of all of them. 

A young coyote had been brought in after getting his foot caught in a trap and a kind hiker decided to call us for help. Fletcher and I had been nearly torn to shreds by the young male when we tried to get his injured foot free, and then Sidney came along. She had made us all back off and then proceeded to sit in the dirt beside him, making no move to approach or harm and miraculously her presence calmed the young male coyote to calm down. Sid made a sort of rope noose and got it over hos head, she held him still while we freed his foot and stuffed him into a carrier. Since we got him back to the sanctuary Sidney was the only one that he let close enough to treat his paw, he attacked anyone else that entered his enclosure. 

That wasn't even the worst of it, I'd worked here for years and yet she was better at the job than I was. She had used some of her own money to help add on to some of the enclosure and give the residents more space, and she also gave them plenty of enrichment activities that kept them busy and happy, no wonder they all loved her. "She's in the coyote cage again." Fletch grumbled as he joined me in preparing the food for the residents dinner, he was a bit bitter about her focus on the evil canine. "It's not like she's going to keep him as a pet like Spartan." I huffed back, gosh I certainly hoped that was true. "Yeah, she's just trying to keep him calm with how much he paces the cage, she's worried he might damage his foot more." Fletch sighed, I could feel his jealousy and annoyance about being unable to spend time with her inside the devil dogs cage. 

"Good thing he seems to be getting better by the day, he'll be going free as soon as we know there's no risk of infection." I agreed with him on a nod. "At least she's not all hormonal and snappy anymore, that is a definite plus." He muttered. "On that I would definitely have to agree." Her sudden presence startled me enough that I end up spilling some of the fruit I'd been preparing for the fledgling birds. "C.G, a little warning would be nice." I snapped at her chuckle. "Now who's being snappy, it's not MY fault you guys still suck at being aware of your surroundings." She scoffed as she helped me salvage the fruit I'd spilled. 

"I didn't mean to..." Fletch tries to defend his complaints but she cuts him off with a look that only turns him redder. "Don't lie Puppet, you're right, I'm a monster when my hormones run wild and I can admit that." She shrugged nonchalantly and I couldn't help chuckling my agreement. "Just when your hormones run wild?" I smirked teasingly. "Oh shut up." She puffed as she threw a grape at my face, I glared playfully back at her. It was nice knowing that things were going smoothly after the whole fiasco with our love confession to her, and without her hormones driving us all insane things were almost back to normal. There was still an unease with everyone and the threat we were all very aware of, no moves had been made to go after Sid since we got back but that didn't mean they weren't out there.

 We were still keeping our she wolf close with the uncertainty of an attack, and there was no news from the rogue campsite bug so we couldn't relax yet. "Where's the grouchy boys dinner, I'll get him fed and we can head home for our own dinner and movie marathon tonight." She hummed. "Here, just don't let him chew you to bits." Fletch grunted as he handed her the container of meat. "As if he'd even try, we have a healthy respect and understanding for each other now." She stated firmly before sending us both a small smile and walking back out. We fed the other animals while she went on babying the coyote pup, I was all the more excited for the couch cuddling with her when we got back home. 

                                                      Unknown

The female was feeding the injured coyote alone again the fifth time she'd done so in the last few days. The routine was proving consistent all the more perfect for Ian's plan of attack, the two young males that were always with her were feeding the other animals on the other side of the sanctuary which only added to the plans perfection. There was of course the fact that we knew the female would not come along easily on her own now, which was taken into consideration as the plan was thoroughly worked out. This Sidney Blake would walk right into our grasp so willingly by the time we were done that she'd be begging us to put her in the pit. There was no doubt about it now, the plan was in motion, we would act tomorrow evening when they least expected it.

*Well I hope you enjoy the update even though I feel the last few chapters haven't exactly been my best ones with everything that's happened this month. I'm working through it now though and trying to get back to the updates like usual. It might take a while to make the updates better and quicker again but I'm trying for all you amazing readers. I hope you all enjoy the update and the start of the new year, I'll update as soon as I can.

*