Chapter 7: Hospital Wing, the Marauder's Map and Hogsmeade Weekend

Harry comes to and hears talking around him. He keeps his eyes closed as Ron said, "He looks a bit peaky." Seamus said, "Peaky? What did you expect? He fell over 100 feet!" Fred said, "Yeah. Come on, Ron. Let's throw you off the Astronomy tower and see what you look like?" Ron said, "I'd probably look a right sight better than he normally does." Harry opens his eyes and looks around. Hermione said, "Harry! You're awake!" Harry sits up as Hermione said, "How are you?" Harry said, "A bit sore, but I'm ok." George said, "You gave us a right good scare there mate." Harry said as he puts on his glasses, "What happened?" Ron said, "Well, you fell from your broom." Harry said sarcastically, "Really? I meant about the match. Who won?" Hermione said, hesitantly, "No one blames you, Harry. The dementors weren't supposed to come onto the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you, he sent the dementors back to their posts. He magicked you on a stretcher and brought you here... Cedric caught the snitch, Harry.... Hufflepuff won....." Ron said, "There's something else you should know too, Harry.... When you fell, your broomstick sort of blew into the whomping willow and...." He sets what was left of Harry's broomstick onto his bed next to him. His Nimbus 2000 was completely destroyed. Ron said, "I'm sorry mate." Harry looks away, only to see Snape asleep in a bed next to him. He looks back at his friends and said, "Is Snape ok?" Hermione said, "Yeah, he's fine, Harry. He saw you falling off your broom and screamed your name. I've never seen him fall apart like that.... He was even attempting to jump over the stands to save you! Lupin grabbed ahold of him and held him back. I guess his nerves got the better of him, because he fainted in Lupin's arms soon after. Lupin laid him on the floor while Dumbledore saved you and dealt with the Dementors. Lupin and McGonagall tried to wake him up, but they couldn't.... After Madam Pomfrey brought you here to the hospital wing, she came back for Snape. Lupin explained to Madam Pomfrey what happened to Snape. After she laid him down in the bed next to you, Dumbledore came and told her to give Snape a calming draught. She did and he's been sleeping since...." Harry gets out of bed and stands next to Snape's bed, as his friends and team watched. He said, "Dad?" Snape groans slightly, but doesn't wake up. Harry shakes him gently as he said a little louder, "Dad?!" Snape gasps as he suddenly wakes up, startled. He sits up and looks around wildly. Harry said, "Dad calm down!" Snape whips his head around and sees Harry. Snape said, "Harry!" He pulls Harry against his body and hugs him so tightly, that Harry was having a little trouble breathing. Harry gasps, "Dad your suffocating me!" Snape lets go and looks at Harry, his eyes red as he said, "My apologies, Harry. I can't believe you're ok.... I thought you were...." Harry shakes his head, "No dad, I fainted, because of the dementors. They attacked me. From what Hermione said, Dumbledore saved me and sent the Dementors back to their posts. He was furious!" Snape relaxes, "I don't blame him. They weren't supposed to be on the grounds. You see, the dementors were starving.... And what with all the happiness and excitement for the Quidditch match today. They couldn't resist. It was like a feast to them...." Harry said, "I think I heard my mom.... I also heard Voldemort laughing..... When the dementors attacked me...." Snape nods, "As I said to you in your first year, Harry, dementors make you relive your worst memory. For you, it was your mother begging Voldemort to kill her instead of you.... Which he did...." Harry nods in response and hugs Snape. Snape hugs him back, comforting him. It was the first time the Gryffindor team ever saw how much Snape cared for Harry. Snape looks at the team and said, "I assume you all know that Harry is my son now, correct?" They nod as Angelina said, "Yeah everyone in the whole school knows, Professor. It's just, I never thought I'd see you be.... you know.... fatherly towards him." Snape said, "Of course I'm fatherly towards him. He's my son. I'd do anything for him." Angelina smiles in response. Snape let's go and said to Harry, "I am so relieved that you're ok, Harry.... I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you...." Harry rubs Snape's back and said, "Well, I'm still here, dad. I'm not going anywhere." Snape smiles slightly as he ruffles Harry's hair. Harry said, "Daaaad!" Snape chuckles in spite of himself as he said, "Force of habit, Harry." Harry smiles as Madam Pomfrey enters the hospital wing and said, "All right, everybody out! Professor Snape and his son need their rest." The team said their goodbyes and left. Ron and Hermione said their goodbyes as well and leaves the hospital wing.