Chapter 12

Cassidy's P.O.V.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

The alarm I had set last night to make sure I wouldn't be late for the training session went off. I groaned and looked at the clock which was flashing 6 AM in bright red numbers. Before I could get up and put an end to the annoying beeping noise, I heard it being shoved off the table. The clock fell off my nightstand, causing me to immediately sit up to see who had pushed it, only to be pulled back down by Warren.

"Can we just stay like this for a little while longer?" He asked, his voice still a bit sleepy

Once I realized that it was him who pushed my alarm clock, I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What are you laughing at?" He asked, raising an eyebrow

"Nothing," I said, shaking my head with a smile on my face. "We need to get up if we want to make it to the session on time," I changed the subject

Warren sighed and reluctantly let go of me. I stretched my arms out and sat up, trying to shake off my tiredness. I quickly went to the bathroom and changed into some athletic clothing. Uncle X said that he had ordered new training gear that was supposed to arrive today which meant that Warren, Kurt, and I would get a suit like the rest of the X-men. But until our suits arrived in the training facility, our sporty clothes had to do. I neatly pulled my hair back in a high ponytail and put on my sneakers. When I came out, Warren was dressed in what looked to be Scott's casual athletic clothing which he wore when training outside the facility.

"Did Scott give you that?" I asked

Warren just gave a curt nod in response.

"We really need to go shopping to get you some clothes of your own," I said, feeling slightly guilty for not thinking of doing it sooner.

Again, Warren just nodded. I had noticed that Warren wasn't into talking and sometimes I wondered if I was annoying him, but he hadn't said anything about it yet. I figured that if Warren wanted me to stop rambling, he'd tell me.

"You alright over there?" He asked, taking a step towards me

"Yeah, just thinking" I replied, putting a smile on my face "Alright, we better get going," I said, hoping that he wouldn't ask any more questions.

After all, Warren had told me to stop worrying about bothering him multiple times, so it was probably best if I did just that.

We made our way towards the door and he held it open for me. As we stepped out into the hallway, we noticed that the rest of the X-men were heading towards the training center too. Well, everyone except Peter. I was starting to get a bit concerned because Wolverine hated it when people were late. Peter did have quite a long night and was probably very hungover.

As we were walking towards the training center, everyone was talking about how excited they were to start training again. The whole time, Jean wouldn't stop quizzing me on the moves that I had practiced with the group yesterday. So far, I had gotten all of her questions correct and everyone was totally convinced that I would do great.

When we finally made it to the training center, Uncle X was standing by the door, waiting for us to arrive so he could hand us each our new training suits. As soon as everyone received their suit, we hurried off to our separate changing rooms. I was so excited to finally put on a training suit again after such a long time. Once I had finished getting dressed, Jubilee and Jean beamed at me and complimented my look. I will admit, I really liked the way the suit looked on me, but then again, both Jean and Jubilee looked equally as stunning.

When we came out into the arena, the boys were already there and dressed. Jubilee suggested that the girls do a little fashion show to show off our new training suits and everyone agreed. Jubilee came out first and the boys clapped and cheered for her. Next was Jean, and Scott was wide-eyed with his mouth agape when she came out. I was actually a bit nervous about my turn, especially going after Jean and Jubilee who are two gorgeous girls. I slowly walked out and struck a pose, hearing Warren whistle while the others clapped as well. I'm pretty sure I was blushing bright red when I finished and stood next to him.