Part 2

"Close the door behind you boy," said Elder Dupont as they left the common room.

"If I may ask Sir," E'dawn hurried up to him, "Where are we going?"

"To the Eastern quarters," he smiled, "The Library is situated there."

"Oh..." E'dawn's face turned, "I've not been there before."

"Yes well, it's not the first place we send our novices," smirked Elder Dupont, "Come, we can talk in private there and I can show you some books," he continued, "Though it's open to the public, it's not usually busy."

"I see," said E'dawn as he followed him through the halls.

Placing an arm around her shoulder, Lisa hugged her softly, "What's on you're mind," she whispered.

"Many things," Jisoo replied quietly. They were standing outside on a higher balcony off a section of the Royal Courts. A group dressed in red, strolled passed. Some catching a glimpse of the princess, calling the Spirit of Meta, as they waved to her. Lisa looked at them dubiously.

"You shouldn't scowl," said Jisoo as she smiled and waved, "It will age you quicker."

"It's because of that some in the military think you are planning a revolt," whispered Lisa.

"What if I am?" Jisoo smirked as she crossed her arms

"But you are not," said Lisa as she faced forward, both looking out to the city now.

Jisoo's mouth turned sadly as her eyes roamed around, "Let them think what they want," she said scornfully, "This city will one day be mine. Just like my mother intended."

Lisa peered at her, "And what is it you intend Chu?" she shifted closer to her, their arms grazing, "Is this what you want?" she whispered.

"Yes," said Jisoo.

"Is that true?" Lisa stared at her intently.

"It must be," said Jisoo.

"So never have you wished for another life? One away from all these responsibilities," Lisa waved to the city, then turned to her, face serious, "Away from your parents' burdens?"

Jisoo smiled in a way that made the breeze cooler, "Is this where you purpose, we run away?"

"Perhaps," sighed Lisa.

"Where would we run to?"

"It doesn't matter, as long as it's away," Lisa's voice...sounded hopeless.

"Away from what Lali?"

"From whatever is coming..." Lisa knew she made no sense. But there was also something inside of her. Urging her, to run as far away as possible. Jisoo turned, admired her for some seconds. Lisa's beauty was a sharp sort of gentle. She grabbed her hand and leaned down.

"I'll protect us," she whispered between the kiss, "So don't carry so much worry in your heart," she stroked Lisa's hair then kissed the top of her head, "I'll bring peace to our land. I'll make a heaven on earth. Entirely for you," she lifted Lisa's chin, they stared deeply, "Just...don't leave me."

"I would never," whispered Lisa and Jisoo smiled genuinely as she pulled her into a warm hug.

She was met by a delicious smell when she stepped inside the hut. Confused, she headed to the kitchen, and found Jennie taking out the pudding from the oven. Placing it on the table, she blew over it gently. On the second flap of the cloth, she felt the eyes on her. Looking up, she revealed her gums and walked over to her.