Chapter 50: Fleeing Hearts

'Let me love you'

Third Person POV

Yoongi swirled the drink in his hand around the decorated glass as he watched the group of idiots before him laugh and joke about some of the must vulgar topics. The sight of them made him feel sick. How dare they have the audacity to come to his home and question his personal life? Question his love life of all things. It was none of their business, but he had to still be cautious on how he handled the situation. One wrong move and everything could be out in the open. He could never be sure that they weren't recording anything.

The men's laughs grew louder as one of them fell off his chair; the alcohol undoubtedly becoming too much for them to handle. Deciding he'd seen enough, Yoongi rose from his chair, hoping to catch the drunkards' attention but to no avail. They were too busy laughing at each other to notice their unamused boss glaring down at them.

Clearing his throat, Yoongi leant down to place his glass on the coffee table, the slight force in his placement causing the men to snap out of their giddy haze and look at their boss. They were no longer laughing after seeing the expression Yoongi wore.

"I think it's time you all made your way back to the club, don't you think?"

The men slowly nodded at Yoongi as he fiddled with his cuffs, straightening them out. It was a simple action but to the drunk men, it was one of the most threatening signs that they could see. Now was definitely time for them to leave.

The men rose to their feet, stumbling towards the door slowly as Yoongi followed behind, herding them towards the exit of the mansion. Once out in the courtyard, Yoongi pointed towards the guard at the door, showing them where to go. Wishing to no longer deal with their presence, Yoongi turned his back to the men, heading back inside his home. That was, before one of the men called out to him.

"Thanks for having us boss. Nice to hang out like this. Maybe next time we can all have a go with that toy of yours."

Yoongi's steps halted the moment the words left his lips. Toy. He knew exactly what he was on about. He was talking about Jimin.

Slowly turning to look at the men over his shoulder, the scene dimly amused him. The man that spoke seemed unbothered by what he had said, whilst the over two seemed shocked and more than anything, worried. And rightly so.

Like a cat, Yoongi decided to play with his prey a little. Giving them false hope should do the trick. Let them leave on a high before their fall.

Yoongi smiled at the men, eyeing the outspoken man mainly.

"I'll see what I can do."

The men visibly relaxed as they laughed with Yoongi, slowly turning and saying their goodbyes as they made their way towards the gates. Unbeknownst to them, behind their backs was Yoongi giving his guard the signal that would ultimately be the end of them. With a nod of understanding, the guard followed the men out the gate, pistol in his hand ready and loaded.

Yoongi stood in the doorway, waiting till he heard it. Three gun shots. He knew the job was done, so he returned to the house, thinking of what to do to kill time before Jimin would be dropped off.

Having Jimin gone like this was torture but Jimin was gaining vital information for Yoongi and the business by retrieving the data. It was important for him to carry out this mission, Yoongi just wished it didn't mean he had to spend so much time with Taemin.

Trying to stop himself from getting irritated from thinking about Taemin, Yoongi busied himself with cleaning up the house a bit. He had enough money to have maids but he could never trust maids in the house snooping around everything. It was hard enough ensuring he could trust his guards as it was, so adding more individuals to his house would only cause more issues.