Chapter 30

JISOO

In a parallel universe your are Ellen Dejeneres and you are married with Portia De Rossi. In this universe though you are Jisoo Kim, your girlfriend is Jennie Kim and you are in a birthday party where the birthday's boy mom is sister with your secretary. You think I am kidding? I am not.

When the door opened and I saw Bona with the big cake I was left with my mouth open. Not Bona, not anyone knew about my personal life and I wasn't planning to keep it a secret but I wanted to keep my private life and my job separate. Bona looked so different outside the office.

I think she was in her late twenties but younger than me. At the office she was always wearing skirts, with heels and her hair was always up. Of course I didn't expect her to wear jeans in a law firm.. But still she looked so different.

"I am sorry I am sorry. It had so much traffic and you won't even imagine what happened. Where is the birthday boy.." and then she looked at me.

"Bona?"

"Ms. Kim?"

"Jisoo?" Jennie was right next to me and after that I think I would have some explaining to do.

I turned to look at Jennie that seemed curious about the whole incident. I would be to.

"Ms. Kim what are you doing here?"

"You know each other?" Bomi asked her sister kind of curious herself too.

"She is my boss. I quit my job after she gave her resignation later."

"Oh.. OOOHH.."

"What's wrong Bomi?" Jennie asked. Still I haven't heard her say anything about all this but I am sure she was dying inside.

"Ahh.. Nothing.. Eh.. The cake is going to melt.. Bona, come with me please."

"Okay.. I'll be back."

The two sisters went inside the kitchen and left me and Jennie in the living room. I was waiting for her to ask me. I could see it in her eyes.

"Ask me."

"Ask you what?"

"Oh come on Jen.. I know you want to ask me. So.. I am waiting."

"I am sorry but I don't know what you mean Jisoo.. I am going outside. You can go and chit chat with your secretary."

Without saying anything else she left there.. I think I knew what she was thinking and it was so not true. I didn't even know that Bona was gay. She never told me anything about her personal life. And we weren't friendly like ever.. She was doing her job and she was good with what she was doing. Of course she didn't know that I was gay either. Well, I didn't know that for myself too, but still. I wouldn't let Jennie go away so easily. I knew how she was and I wasn't ready for drama in our relationship. We already had enough for a life time.

She was talking with a lady when I got outside. As Bomi introduced her to us, she was a walking trouble. She was flirting with anyone. No genders, no nothing. And Jennie just to piss me off she was talking with her. When I saw that woman's hand on Jennie's thigh I lost it. I walked faster than I thought I could.

"Can we talk please?"

"Yes, no problem." She didn't move. She was still sitting right next to that woman.

"I mean alone baby." I emphasized the word baby so that walking whore could understand that Jennie was taken.

"Okay. I am sorry Yerin.. Talk to you later."