•24•

Both males were shocked.

The girl they had seen and heard about being completely mute, spoke such ominous words.

"Babygirl I don't understand" Micheal tried to pull her even closer to him, but even the mate bond wasn't calming his rising panic.
It wasn't his panic- he realized vehemently- it was Bambi's through the bond.

Bambi choked back a sob and a bitter smile as she looked at Lucien.
She scribbled away on the white board- obviously not up for speaking again.

We chose who died that day. It's part of the game.

Lucien felt his blood run cold in realization as to why this event wasn't just a normal trauma- it was full blown PTSD.
The fuckers who murdered his baby's family, and Bambi's mother- they made the girls pick who died first?
They made it into a game?

"Fuck!" Lucien growled, standing and kicking the leather chair he had been sitting in, over. The wood cracked from the force and the chair was destroyed in an instant.
Micheal stood with Bambi in his arms, and moved far as he could get away from Lucien as he allowed his friend to vent.

He'd do the same if he didn't have a crying angel in his arms.

It made sense. Why she tried to take her life- why she thought so little of herself- it all made sense.
Maia lost her childhood, her grandmother sheltered her from everything once she was able to cope but it set her back some years in the process.
Bambi coped by silencing herself, letting the guilt and turmoil boil under the surface.
It's why she wasn't handling anything correctly.

Micheal guessed he needed to do a bit more for Bambi. He realized she didn't just need a simple mate- she needed someone to help heal and guide her.
He could do that.

After they ripped apart the trash responsible for damaging two little girls for fun.

Lucien stormed out after, unable to handle the pure rage filling him like heroine in his blood stream.
He was close to shifting, close to losing it and killing everyone around him.
Until a little voice called out and a sweetheart rubbing her sleepy eyes appeared at the doorway of the room he left her in.

"Luci? What's wrong?" Shit. He forgot she could feel his emotions through the bond, and it'd only be getting stronger.
Lucien quickly took calming breathes as he inhaled her scent to ease his wolf from going on a rampage.

"Hey baby, come here" He nodded at his guards who took the hint to make themselves scarce.
Maia padded over to him and with the cutest pout he'd ever seen, lifted her arms up at him.
It was an invitation he'd never turn down, as he swooped his girl into his arms and let her wrap her legs around his waist.
Her touch, her scent, her little whine and pout.
It relaxed him like a whole bottle of Xanax.

Lucien wasn't sure how he was supposed to react to this all. Calmly comfort his love or go on a rampage?

It was the one thing Lucien hated about being a wolf- a Lycan. He was old school, old fashioned.
His pack doesn't have a clean forensics base, they didn't put up cameras, security. It was because their senses were too good.

"Baby girl" Lucien murmured from the soft crook of her neck, loving how she melted into him with complete trust.
She was perfect. So sweet he swore he might have a cavity dare he eat her- and he'd welcome all the cavities  he got when he dipped into her again.
Sex would have to wait though- even his wolf agreeing.

Maia snuggled closer at the nickname she found so wonderful.

"Baby, I need to know what happened that night"
Maia moved away from his chest, giving him a confused look.
Lucien's eyes stared deep into her own.
She saw it though- the one thing she thought she'd never seen in those beautiful eyes.

She saw fear.