Three

"Hey, sweetie."

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, feeling a soft hand on his head, caressing him like a child.

"Wake up. Time for school." Tessa's calm voice sounds like music to Taehyung's ears.

The brunet stretched his arm, nodding his head a little. "I'll follow, mom." He said in his usual deep voice, still sounding a bit sleepy.

"Okay. Don't go back to sleep." His mother reminded before going out of his room.

Taehyung slowly sat on his bed, a heavy feeling creeping in his body. He stretched his arms, wanting to ease the pressure in them.

He washed up a bit before going down to the kitchen where his mom is waiting for him.

"Come and eat, honey. You skipped dinner last night." Tessa said, concern written all over her face.

Taehyung stopped at this, instantly reminded of the scene he doesn't want his mind to even remember.

He silently took a seat, his eyes falling on the empty seat in front of him.

Tessa followed where his gaze landed, quickly knowing that something's off.

"Oh yeah, Jungkook went ahead, said he has to do some running in the field. Aren't you supposed to do that as well?" Tessa asked, placing a plate with omelette in front of Taehyung, who quickly retracted his gaze away from the empty seat where Jungkook usually sits.

He didn't respond, feeling shitty early in the morning. He took a bite, though his stomach isn't really feeling too well.

"By the way sweetie, Jungkook left your bag in the living room. He mentioned you forgot it when you passed by his house." Tessa added, observing her son intently.

Taehyung dropped his fork and pushed the plate aside. "Thanks for the meal, mom." He forced a smile before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

He went upstairs, brushed his teeth and readied himself for school, all the while feeling his mood dropping down like his grades in Mathematics.

He passed by the living room, gazing at his bag in the couch. He sighed, immediately snatching it before going out of the house.

Taehyung walked alone, rode on the train alone, something he's not used to. He stared at his reflection in the window of the train door, noticing the bags under his eyes.

He looks awful.

The brunet sighed as the train came to stop. He immediately went out, staying away from the crowd. He walked the street heading to school, with the other students greeting him.

He was near the school gate when he felt a hand gripping him by his arm.

"Tae."

Taehyung turned his head and smiled. "Tzuyu." He greeted, feeling her hands circling his arm.

"It's rare to see you going to school alone. Where's Jungkook?" She asked, her smile so pretty and warm.

The brunet shrugs his shoulders. "He went ahead of me." He plainly answered, not really wanting to talk about him right now.

"Fight?" She asked as she walked with him with her hands still on him.

Other students start looking at them, some even murmuring to one another.

"They get back together?"

Taehyung heard one of the female students whisper, well barely. He felt a bit uncomfortable from what they're saying. He looked at Tzuyu who seems to be unmindful of the whispers and gossips.