"I'm Trying"

"You know better." Are the first words out of my mouth and my mother has to audacity to look at Amelia for help. "Don't." I growl. "Don't look at her for help. Turn around and leave before-"

"Cameron," Soft pressure rests on my chest before traveling down my arm and gripping my hand. "Come here." And I'm pulled into the house through the sliding glass door.

"Amelia-"

"Don't worry, Meghan said to promise you she's in control." She doesn't turn as she continues to pull me up the basement stairs and across the hall to my office.

"Was Meghan a part of this?" I'm gonna kill that stupid, red-headed bi-

"Yes." She then spins to face me and sighs. "Why don't you like your mother?"

Gently, I place my hand against her shoulders and move her aside. She to close to me, my sanity is barely holding together.

"I'm not doing this today."

"Yes," She stands in front of me, stopping me from opening the office door. "You are."

"I think," I pull Amelia tighter to me as we sit on the couch. "We should tell them when they get home from camp grandma and grandpa."

She smiles, quickly pecking my cheek. "Okay."

"Really?" I chuckle, sitting up straighter. She's always been hesitant to do new things. I assumed she would want to wait.

"Why wait?" She looks at me before returning her head to my shoulder.

I can't hold back my grin as I pull her toward me for a kiss.

Our lips just touch and a knock pulls her away.

"Don't leave me." I groan, and she laughs pecking my cheek quickly.

"I promise I'll come back." I watch as she walks out of the living room to where the front door is and stretch out as I wait for her.

"Cameron," Amelia calls and, while shake in her voice cause me to sprint, the sight of my mother brings me to a halt. "Your mom bought us a bottle of wine."

"Leave." I bark, walking to the door, making sure to push Amelia behind me.

"Cameron-" I don't wait for her to finish as I step back and slam the door closed. "Amelia-" I start once I turn to her but I don't know what I'm doing to say. She forces a sad smile before speaking.

"I love you."

"Did I use to know why?" She questions suddenly pulling me from my thoughts and I sigh.

"Amelia,"

"Then why?" She interupts me even though I had no clue what to say. "Why are you so opposed to me knowing why?"

"I don't need you to have another reason."

"Reason to what?" She asks, softly, her breath fanning my lips and I down, looking up and getting lost in her ocean eyes.

"To want to leave." I confess, unable to look away from the mesmerizing blue. "My mother didn't want us married at first."

If I hadn't been staring into her eyes I wouldn't have noticed the slight squint, before it disappears.

She seems to travel deep into thought, although not physically taking her eyes off mine.

Her breath still fans my lips, and it kills me to know she's both only a whisper and million miles from me.

"Amelia." I start, watching her crystal orbs refocus and dart to my lips before going back to my eyes.

Then, quicker than I can comprehend, her lips mold to mine.

Her eyes may flutter but mine widen, feeling as if they are bulging from my head.

Immediately, my heart starts pounding with enough force to break itself from my rib cage. My hands become sweaty and the room starts spinning.

Her lips are soft, and her peach flavored lipgloss makes me groan with pleasure.

Honestly, this is probably the most innocent kids we've ever shared and yet it feels like the most intimate.

Unfortunately, just as my eyes start to droop, giving into the urge to close, Amelia pulls away.

Her face is burning red when she looks at me.

"Cameron, I'm trying here, please..." Her expression almost brings be to my knees. "You have to trust me."

I can't stop myself, bring my hand up, I gently let my thumb brush her cheek. God, she's beautiful when she blushes.

"I do. Amelia, I trust you with every ounce of my being."

"Then you need to answer my questions, you need to give me al the information I need and trust in me enough to know I'm not going to run." She grabs my hand, searching my fave for my response.

"Will I always be rewarded like that?" I can't help but grin, my lips still burning from hers.

Her blush gets ten time darker before she lets out a chuckle. "Maybe." She shrugged, not meeting my eyes then pulling on my hand.

"Come on, lets get back out there. I married you even though I knew your parents didn't like me, so if you want me to stay, you need to be a little nicer."

I open my mouth to argue but she cuts me off.

"I'm not saying we're gonna start having them over for dinner every night, civility is all I'm asking."

"Fine." I agree, seeing determination in her eyes for the first time in a long time. "Civil, that's it."

And then I'm rewarded with a smile almost as electric as that kiss.

***
So like nursing school is hard.
Please comment. Honestly it give me motivation for life😂