Page 33

I shifted, waking up from the who-knows-how-long-sleep.

"Hey, morning, well-more like night, but whatever" Jack chuckled. I slowly sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"Morning..." I mumbled, still half asleep, and opened my eyes. Jack was sitting beside my blanket wrapped self, I'm pretty sure he smiled, but it was hard to tell with the mask, I smiled back anyway.

"How was your sleep?" He asked, seemingly curious.

"It was fine, no really bad nightmares" I mumbled and shrugged.

"So you still had one? I'm sorry I didn't know, I would've woke you up." It was obvious he was worried, "What was it about?"

"It was just about this weird game-like killer chase" I shrugged, "It wasn't that bad at all, so I probably didn't give any signs I was having a nightmare, so don't be sorry" He nodded in understanding.

"Thanks for getting me to sleep, even though you used a mean trick" I pushed the blankets off of me, then sat on the edge of the bed like him.

"It wasn't mean, it was smart" He countered.

"Mhm, sureeee" I smiled slightly.

"Come on, I think Toby was making some food" Jack said and I nodded, standing up. He stood up too, then we both walked to the kitchen, sure enough, Toby was cooking something.

"Watcha cooking?" I asked, sneaking up behind him.

"Good evening, and I'm just whipping up some fettuccine alfredo" Toby turned and smiled, his mask was on the counter with his goggles. Showing his scarred cheek, which he seemed to usually not like to be seen, "Oh I'm sorry, should I put my mask back on?" He asked, noticing how I had seemed to be surprised.

"No no, I'm sorry it's just you never take it off" I shrugged, my mind fumbling to find the best way to say it, "you look good without it" I smiled nervously, not sure if I would end up accidentally offending him.

Toby seemed a bit shocked, then smiled, "Thank you, but now you made Ej all jealous" He chuckled and turned back to the food, making sure it didn't burn. I turned around, sure enough, Jack was leaning against the door with his arms crossed. 

Heh, let's be mean to him, consider it payback

"Aww, I'm sorry Jack, why are you jealous?" I smiled innocently but had a mischevious glint in my eye.

"I never said I was jealous" 

"Its fairly obvious"

"Not its not. -Beacuse I'm not"

"Oh you just caught yourself there, jealous Jacky"

"I'm not jealous"

"Good, because you have no reason to be" 

"Oh really? You can't really say that when you- wait no nevermind" 

"No, continue" I walked closer, "I don't seem to understand what you were about to say" I teased, then finally started laughing, "okay okay I'll stop, I'm sorry" I said sincerely this time.

"Good one (Y/n), I bet he's a blushing mess under that mask right now" Toby chuckled.

"Jerks" Jack mumbled, looking away.

"I said I'm sorry" I pouted.

"Fine, only Toby's a jerk"

"Hey!!"

<><><>

Excatly my minimuim word count for the story, 500 words, not including these ones lol

anyway, i'll write as much as possible, but since school just started again, i can't promise much

so, have a great day/night everyone!!

~Jellyfish