15. Sister Sister

I KNOW IT HAS BEEN AGES. I'M SO BUSY WITH COLLEGE BUT I SQUEEZED THIS IN. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND PLEASE VOTE. 

                Blinking rapidly, I fiddled nervously with my hands. What do I say in this scenario? I mean, I haven’t seen Justin, I can’t tell her where he is for he hasn’t answered my text messages, and I’m not Justin’s girlfriend either so it’s not like it’s my place to tell her our relationship, whatever our relationship even is. This is just…This is difficult.

             “So are you just going to continue to stand there or are you going to assist me in finding my brother?” Justin’s sister raised an eyebrow at me, her eyes laced with irritation.

                “Erm, yeah well I can give him a call for you. What’s your name?”

                “Milly. My name is Milly. And what is calling him going to do? He didn’t answer any of my calls and I called about fifty times.” She snorted.

                Well, Justin tends to answer my calls but I’m not going to say anything because she could be some overly obsessive sibling or something and I don’t want to die. I pulled out my phone and dialed him up. He answered on the third ring. “Hey, Justin, I’m here with—”

                “Hey, Kasey. I was just thinking about you, actually. I was going to buy us some wine and strawberries and then remembered you don’t drink which kind of sucks because I think you’d be a really cute drunk. But I swapped out the wine with sparkling cider and it’s just as cute. I’m on my way though, I got your texts, I’ve just been busy. Don’t worry. I’ll try not to worry you so much.”

                I smiled. Aw, he has been truly concerned that I would worry over him not answering my texts, and he swapped out alcohol for sparkling cider for me. “You’re so sweet.” I melted, biting my lower lip.

                “Ah, I’ll do anything to hear you sigh your words like that. I’ll be there in a few. See you, bae.” He hung up and I clutched my phone to my chest in adoration. Justin is so perfect.

                “Um, hello? Did you tell him I’m here waiting for him?” Milly asked, snapping me out of my trance.

                “Oh, fiddlebob! I forgot! Well he said he’ll be here in a few so it doesn’t really matter if he knows you’re here or not he won’t come back any faster.” I put my phone back into my pocket. “I have to change out of my work clothes, he’ll be here soon.”

                “Wait, wait, wait!” Milly charged after me, slapping my hand off of the doorknob to my room.

                “What?” I sighed.

                “Did you just use the word fiddlebob instead of fuck? Are you a puritan?”

                “Milly, I have things to do—”

                “And why did he answer your call? Why did you get all gushy? What is going on?” She stomped her foot. Oh my goodness.

                The door swung open and in the doorway stood Jace with an annoying Nicolette by her side. “What are you arguing about? Who is this?” She pointed to Milly.

                “I’m Milly, who are you?” She straightened her posture into a more dominating stance. Body language is very important.

                “Jace, Kasey’s roommate.” She eyed Milly up and down.

                “Whatever. Kasey, answer my questions.”