Chapter 43: The Fab 5

Before begining i want to tell you guys that this chapter has a huge hint hidden in it regarding Nandini's past. Lets see if you guys are able to catch that hint.

Nandini couldn't stop herself from clapping loudly. She was beyond surprised. She never thought that people who were there in front of her eyes from months are the ones which were her favourite band.

"Oh my god! That was amazing. I mean you guys are THE Fab 5. I still can't believe it ",said Nandini expressing her surprise. The whole group could say nothing but feel happy about making her smile. "Even I never imagined that", chirped in Arya from the video call.

"I am glad that you liked our performance Nandini", said Alya," Yeah! I thought you won't be this impressed ", stated Cabir. "Impressed? I'm beyond impressed. I won't say I was your biggest fan but yes we loved your band. I really wished back then to have been able to see you faces", exclaimed Nandini. Further she said, "Anyway thank you so much guys. Thank you so much it really means a lot to me. You guys put in all these efforts just for me, I really do not have words to express what I am feeling".

"Offooo Nandini! You don't have to be so formal yaar. We did because we want to," said Mukti. "Waise Nandini agar kisiko thanks kehna hi hai toh Manik bhai ko kaho (Nandini if you want to say thanks say it to Manik)", Amyrah said. Nandini looked at her with confused expressions while Abhi took the opportunity to make her understand,"Nandini it was Manik who told us about your love for Fab 5 and organised this impromtu mini concert exclusively for you ". Nandini was looking at Manik who was shyly looking down. She passed on a beautiful smile to him which easily conveyed her thankfulness.

"Guys what are your plans for the night? ", Nandini asked. "Nothing much. We don't know as of yet", told Cabir waving his hand in a dismissing manner. "Why don't you guys spend the evening here? ", Arya suggested from the call. "Yeah! Why not? Even I am getting so bored, this Manik naa doesn't let me move or work at all. Even I'll feel good", Nandini requested. The group laughed loudly at her comment and agreed to stay back.

The whole group was seated in the garden around a bonfire. The circle started with Nandini on her left Manik follower by Ammu and in her lap was kept her phone with Aryaman on video call. Beside her was Cabir then Navya followed by Abhi and Mukti. The circle ended with Alya beside Dhruv and he beside Nandini.

"So guys tell me about fab 5 I'm so curious to know your story ", Aryaman said. The fab 5 looked at each others faces with a slight smile and then Mukti began, "Fab 5 was formed 19 years back", Nandini and Dhruv along with Aryaman repeated, "Nineteen years back". Abhimanyu smiled at their shock and continued, "I and Manik toh were always together. This duo became a trio when I was 6 and Manik was 3, when Mukti came. Mukti's father and my dad were friends cum colleagues. When he used to visit us , Mukti tagged along with him. we used to play and do all sorts of non sense.Gradually we three became friends and now we are... ", Nandini completed with a sense of admiration , "A family ". Cabir continued further," Then I came after 2 years , I am the one who keep these idiots together, their helper, their guardian, their saviour, their... ", "Cabirrr", fake grunted Manik ,"Okay okay... I was this idioit's first friend after Mukti. So we are basically together since these pants were diapers ", Nandini laughed at his comment. Alya said, "After an year , I was the last addition. My father was transfered here in Mumbai and I had to join their school mid session. On my first day the only bench empty was beside Abhi and thank god I occupied that place else I would have missed out on such a beautiful bunch of people", Manik completed, "Not only did she occupy that seat but also a place in our hearts". Manik added ," This is how we five met. Fab 5 was formed afterwards". " When?" asked Dhruv not able to contain his curiosity. 

"Ahh! That day was one of the most memorable days of our lives. We all individually had interest in music and were aware of it also. But we fools could not think that our separate talents can be better recognised if we come together," said Cabir. "Then who made you guys understand this?",questioned Aryaman . A strange silence fell over the bubbling gathering. All the six ( including Ammu) wanted to speak but something stopped them. The five looked up at Manik as if asking for his permission. No, Manik was not the reason behind them coming together as a band but it was someone who was most attached to him. Nandini was kind of taken aback seeing the faces of the five. She too looked at Manik , trying to get the reason through his eyes but , he had his eyes lowered down. 

Manik's POV 

This dreaded topic is out again. I never wanted to talk about this ever again. This affects me far too much. These curious eyes of Nandini which are boring into my soul how should i tell her?  (thinks for a while) if i also lose this battle with my past then how can i ask Nandini to fight her past? That would be unfair to her as well as to me. I...I have to take this leap of faith. If not for me for Nandini. She and Arya have entrusted me with a responsibilty to make her strong enough to fight the demons of her past. I can not let her down. I cannot let Aryaman down. Maybe after seeing me open up about my past she will also open up to me.

The others have already decided to chuck this topic. Even Aryaman who asked this question was no more interested in hearing the answer after seeing the gloomy faces of the fab 5. Nandini who was very curious to know about the reason behind them venturing into the music world , also quitend down on seeing Manik's reaction. 

"The person who brought us together as a band, taught us music, was my grandmom. My Badimaa", Manik spoke surprising everyone, " Badimaa was one of a kind. A gem. A true gem. Badimaa was a very fun loving person.  out of all of us, she was the naughtiest. she used to become a kid with us. Music, music was her soul. She was someone who used to sing from her heart. She saw the talent in us, brought us together as a band, groomed us into the musician that we are".  Manik spoke all this looking at nandini. He was inderectly trying to tell Nandini that he too has gone through a lot but never let that negativity overpower him. To be honest yes, Manik did go through as much negativity as Nandini but the path he took was far more difficult than what Nandini took. Why? Because Nandini choose to let the fear and past haunt her but Manik didn't. He battled them bravely and conqured. We all go through negative vibes and tough times but its always our choice if we let them prevail over us or win over them. 

Everyone was happy as Manik was speaking about badimaa after years that also so freely. Most happy with this change was Abhi and Cabir. They both have seen the changes in Manik after and before Badimaa and they knew what she meant to him. While everyone was happy for Manik , he was looking at Nandini trying to figure out if she got the hidden motive of his. 

Nandini on the other hand was lost in some other world. To Manik it seemed that she was pondering upon his words. Manik was very happy but was she actually thinking about what Manik thought she is or was there something else behind it?

heyyy alll!! I am back after a long time that too with a short update. Sorry for the delay. Kaan pakad ke sorry. I have been trying to finish it but i am loaded with projects and viva and also down with fever. I will try to post next part as soon as possible. Love you alll.

guess what was Nandini thinking? 

Did you guys get the hint? Tell me if you did. 

next update after 65+ votes and 15+ comments. bye bye till then. 

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें