103

C H A P T E R  103

"Did you get the map back yet?" Samantha asked Harry the following week in the library. That mean that there was only two days until the Second Task and Harry was still trying to figure out a way to stay under water for an hour.

"No."

"Why not? We need it and who knows what Moody could be doing with it," she grumbled and opened up her Transfiguration book. Time to work on the third worksheet McGonagall has assigned this week. She was working the sixth years already into exhaustion and it was nowhere near finals.

"I just haven't found the opportunity. I've been mostly trying to work out the clue. You've already helped enough so I just want try and figure out what to do myself," Harry said as he opened up another book.

"Fine. I'll do it myself after I have his class tomorrow."

"You can't ask him. Then he'll know you know he has it," Harry spoke looking up at her.

Samantha sighed. "Don't be silly, Harry. I'm not going to straight up and ask him. What do you think this is my first Quidditch match? Relax. I'm going to sneak in and take it," Samantha finished with a sneaky grin."So that means I'll need to borrow the Cloak."

Harry took a breath before nodding. "But if you're caught--"

"I won't get caught."

"He'll soon notice it'll be gone," Harry continued.

"Then you deny deny deny if he comes asking questions," Samantha answered simply while shrugging her shoulders. "Then wait a few days and ask for it back. You'll see where Moody is at with his lies and schemes."

"Did I hear schemes?" a voice asked from the entrance to the library.

Both Potters turned and saw Marcus sauntering towards them with his backpack flung over his shoulder. Samantha smiled as her boyfriend sat down next to her.

"If so, then I'm aboard."

Samantha laughed slightly as she kissed him on the cheek. "No there is no scheme...at least not yet."

Harry grinned and continued to look through the book he was reading. He scanned through and closed it with a thud. "This is hopeless, maybe I should ask Hermione again. I've been at this for two weeks now and I can't find anything. "

Samantha sighed as she watched Harry try to figure out the task. She so wanted to tell him about the Bubblehead Charm but felt bad because even if she did that spell was out of his class and skill range. However Harry was known to be able to pull off some real advanced magic so maybe she can give him a hint. "Ok I'm going to be a helpful older sister and give you some more help because we have two days. Technically less than that. I know a charm that can—"

"No no," Harry said cutting her off. "I want to figure this out myself."

"But Harry, I don't think—"

"Then I'll just wing it. Wouldn't be the first time," Harry spoke and stood up. "I should get going. Sirius said he wanted to catch up using the mirror so I should go back to the Common Room. Have a good afternoon."

Samantha watched Harry go and slightly shook her head. "He is too much sometimes. I wish I could help him, he doesn't have much time left but I also want to win."

"You're doing the best you can navigating both helpful older sister and worthy competitor."

"I guess...I just hope that if Harry does win then it'll be an earned win where we all did our best."

"Trust me, it will be. Have you mastered the Bubblehead Charm?" Marcus asked, making sure that Samantha was actually prepared and not overconfident.

She nodded. "Yeah, I asked Flitwick for some extra practice last week and he's been helping me refine it. I think I can hold it up for the hour."