A Purple Gaze

You had really loved your school. 

You had been one of the lucky few who was allowed the chance to come to the School for Good and Evil. You could hardly believe it when your Flowerground pass had come in the mail. You were accepted into the School for Good, and you were quite proud that your good deeds and kindness had finally paid off.

However, your first two years had been quite unlike anything you had expected. Agatha and Sophie had truly changed up the usual routine at the school.

You remembered during your first year how everyone thought that there had been a mistake. Everyone believed Agatha to be a witch and Sophie to be an unfortunate princess. They believed that they had been dropped in to the wrong schools. But, by the end of the year, everyone knew the truth. Not only was Agatha pure of heart and Sophie (almost) rotten to the core, but they turned out to be each other's mortal enemies as well.

Then, they defied everyone's expectations and chose each other in the end, and returned to their reader village. But, their story hadn't ended as easily as it first seemed.

During the next year, Tedros, Agatha's prince charming, had become bitter and saddened by the fact that his princess had chosen a witch over him. So, he turned the School for Evil into the School for Boys. All boys, both good and evil, migrated to that school, with Tedros as the Dean. And all the girls had to migrate to the School for Good, then known as the School for Girls. 

Your dean had been Miss Evelyn Sader. She was a peculiar woman, and you recalled not really enjoying being around her for long periods of time. You found her to be too perfect. Her obsession and love for butterflies was strange. And her mission to paint men as the root of all evil was, quite honestly, annoying to you. 

However, although those years had been strange, towards the end of the second year was what you remembered the most. And it was all because of him.

It was the time of year again, when the Trial by Tale would commence. That year, it would be Boys versus Girls. Luckily for you, you weren't in the top ten for the ladies. Sure, you might get turned into a toad or a tree by the end of the third school year, but at least for now, in your second year, you wouldn't have to worry about going up against any of the boys in this challenge. 

All of the ladies sat and gave pep talks for those about to make their way into the woods, while the boys cheered loudly and hollered for their side. You sat with a few of the other girls off to the side. You felt little butterflies in your tummy as you waited for the event to start. You hoped everything would be alright. 

You were drawing little patterns and doodles into the dirt by your feet, and decided to look over to see what the boys were shouting about this time.

However, you felt yourself take in a deep breath as you were met with purple eyes. Your fingers paused in their movements as you continued to stare. The boy had black hair. You had never seen someone who was so beautiful, yet so scary at the same time. And, just as you hadn't broken your gaze, he hadn't broken his either.

You didn't know what to do. Truly, you were frozen, whether from fear, or perhaps excitement, you didn't know. Finally, he broke the stare down himself by turning towards another boy who needed his assistance. 

With the trance broken, you were finally able to look down once more. You tried your best to make more doodles in the dirt, to think of anything you could, but it seemed impossible. Then, you felt his stare on you once more. Now that you knew what it felt like, you couldn't mistake it for anything else. This mystery boy was staring at you again. But, you made sure to keep your attention towards the ground. 

You hoped that you ignoring him would make him lose any interest he may have had, but it just seemed to make his stare more intense. 

Then, you were saved when it was announced that the event was starting. 

That moment had been one of the most frightening experiences of your life. You didn't know why he was staring at you, or what his intentions may have been.

And now, during your third year, you felt those butterflies in your tummy come up once again. Everyone had been gathered into the theater, after being forced into the new green and black uniforms. 

You all listened intently as Rafal, the School Master himself, announced to everyone what this year held for them. 

Then, he introduced the deans of New Evil, and you felt your fear once more. Because at that moment, you met those same purple eyes, except now, he had an evil smile planted on his face. 

You felt fear bubble up in your tummy once more. But you could feel something else as well.

Anticipation.