Four

"I had fun today." Tzuyu whispered near his ear as they stood inside the train.

Taehyung forcefully smiled at her, not wanting to make her feel that he didn't have fun hanging out with her.

They didn't go straight home because she keeps on insisting to have a walk in the park and have dinner together.

And just like before, Taehyung couldn't say no even though his mind is still occupied by Jungkook and the disappointment in his voice.

The train came to a stop, which is what Taehyung had been praying for a while now.

"See you in school." Tzuyu cutely muttered, placing a soft kiss near the corner of Taehyung's lip.

He just nodded his head while she smiled at him before going out of the train, leaving the brunet sighing in relief.

He checked on his watch, realizing that it's way past the time a good college student should go home.

A few more stops and Taehyung was able to reach his own. He made a run for it, quickly entering the gate to Jungkook's house. He stopped in the front door and hurriedly turned the knob around, only to find it locked.

"Hey, Jungkook!" He knocked a couple of times and called out his name, but the house is so quiet, like no one's inside.

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows at this. Jungkook went home earlier than him so he should be inside.

The brunet went on his house next door, finding his mother watching in the living room.

"Hi, mom." Taehyung greeted, kissing her cheeks in a hurried manner.

"Hi, sweetie. Why are you so late?" Tessa inquired, noticing the unsettling expression in his face.

"Got a little thing going on in school." Taehyung stopped before continuing, "Have you seen Jungkook? Did he eat dinner here?" He asked in a rush.

Tessa blinked her eyes a couple of times, "No. He hasn't gone home yet. I thought you two are out together." She said, a bit curious.

The brunet furrows his brows even more. "He went home ahead of me, though." He muttered.

"Maybe he just went out with a friend. Have you eaten already, honey?" Tessa asked.

The brunet nodded his head. He went upstairs, fumbled through his bag to find his phone.

Taehyung quickly dialled Jungkook's number but his calls just go straight to voice mail. He sighed, feeling a bit worried for the ravenette. He dialled once more, but this time it's Jimin's number he's calling.

A few rings and Jimin answered.

"Hey, Tae." Jimin greeted over the noisy crowd.

Taehyung couldn't clearly hear what he said, the sound of loud music ringing to his ear.

"Hey, are you still out?" Taehyung asked.

Jimin shouted over the noise. "Yeah! I'm still with the guys! What's up?"

Taehyung bit his lower lip. "Is Jungkook with you?" He asked in a low voice.

"What?! I can't hear you! What's that?" Jimin responded at the top of his lungs.

Taehyung sighed. "Is Jungkook with you?" He repeated, louder this time.

"Jungkook?! No! Aren't you together?!" Jimin asked, now irritated by the loud sound in the club.

The brunet heaved a long sigh. "Okay. Thanks, Chim." He uttered, quickly ending the call even before Jimin could ask some more.

Taehyung dropped his body on the bed, mind still occupied by Jungkook. He badly wants to talk to him, explain himself. He doesn't want to sleep again with another misunderstanding with his best friend.