55

Recovery

It's been a few months since I have been spending my time in the hospital, and barely a few days ago I was discharged. During my stay in the hospital, nobody ever visited me, not Naruto, not Sasuke, and definitely not everyone else. The only people that visited me was Lady Tsunade and Pervy Sage.

When they sealed half of my powers the purple diamond in my forehead disappeared and was replaced by a half moon.

The following day, Lady Tsunade took me to her house and helped me move in with her. She helped me through my breakdown when I had entered  Father's apartment. Everything was too much to bare, and tears wouldn't stop coming. My heart ached, and the void had begun to form. I had refused to leave but Lady Tsunade had said it was for my mental sake.

After spending a few days at the new house, I couldn't call it my own yet. Lady Tsunade helped me deal with my traumas and new memories that would resurface. I remember the murders I committed, and the nightmares began to appear throughout continuous nights.

Today is actually the first day, I have been permitted to leave the house and be free to do what I'd like.

The first thing I did was visit my father, I know he isn't there, I don't know where his body is, but his tombstone is a reminder a piece of him remains.

I cried for him hours and hours, until no more tears came out. I walked to Ichiraku's and asked for the usual. When the owner saw me, surprise covered all of his facial features.

"Sakura-chan it's a pleasure to see you again!" He said in his cheerful voice

"Likewise, Teuchi-sama." I replied, and tried my best to smile.

I ate in peace and when I was finished, I left the money and a tip for Teuchi-sama. I walked the streets of Konoha, gaining a few odd stares from villagers that couldn't stop looking at my pink hair.

I used to hate my pink hair because it looked weird or odd. But now I'm proud of it because it reminds me of my humanity, it reminds me I can feel again and not be a cold blooded killer.

Without noticing, I found myself in the playground I used to play when I was younger. Memories came back to me, showing me a happy girl that was happy to finally have friends. A girl that was careless, a girl that felt happy she had a home to go to after being adopted. A girl that wasn't alone.

"Sakura."

A voice behind me said, his voice was filled with raw emotions that nobody could ever show. I turned around slowly, and came face to face with my best friend.

"Naruto."  My voice cracked a bit, upon hearing it Naruto broke out in tears and went to hug me.

"Hey Naruto stop  that, you're a grown married man for goodness sake. What is Hinata going to think after knowing I made her husband cry, huh?" I tried to make the atmosphere a little bit more brighter than it was.

"It doesn't matter, you're okay. You're safe." He said and tightened his hold on me. I patted his back and cried too.

After our little reunion, I told Naruto what has been going on in my life since I was admitted to the hospital.

And in return he told me how nervous he was when Hinata was giving birth. I stopped for a moment, I was in shock for a good 30 seconds. Has it really been that long since I have been in the hospital? Last time I saw Hinata was when she was three months.