xxix

song(s) for this chapter: how many ways X toni braxton

FOUR MONTHS LATER

"Can you believe your anniversary is already next week?!" Nadira's mom asked as they shopped around with Nayeli. She had a ballet recital coming up for Thanksgiving and they wanted all the girls in 'fall colors'. September was quickly coming to a close, and things were pretty busy in the Cartier household.

Nayeli had just started the third grade and her eighth birthday celebration was in the works. She was gaining more and more skill in ballet and was in shows quarterly, they were also considering placing her in an actual ballet company outside of her elementary school.

Nadira had just gotten the perfect space for her daycare center, and was currently working on getting it completely renovated. She had worked four more weddings and the payouts helped her more than she would have dreamed. She had yet to come up with a name, but she was excited nonetheless.

Gionni's company was in the process of another expansion, finally moving to Texas like he wanted originally, when he first expanded to Louisiana. Their anniversary was also coming, and neither of them knew what they wanted to do.

They also finally got their new puppy, a pure white Maltese by the name of Dior.

Nayeli adored her and was always with her, playing with her and asking to walk her in their neighborhood, or bathe her

Nayeli adored her and was always with her, playing with her and asking to walk her in their neighborhood, or bathe her. Dior got along well with Chanel and Polo, so it never became overwhelming for the family.

"No! Oh my goodness, this has been the fastest year of my life mama! I have no idea what I'm gonna get him, or what we're gonna do, it's all so much, and my period just came and I'm sick," she pouted. "It all needs to go away,"

"Girl what the hell you been doing," her mom laughed. "You need a long nap, chile,"

"I do," she chuckled. "I feel like I been on go for four months straight," she shook her head.

"And you're the main one advocating for self-care, girl if you don't take a day off and sit down somewhere," she fussed,

"I know, mama," she whined. "I'm gonna take a spa day after my doctors appointment. Gionni is forcing me to go, I told him I was fine," she shook her head.