Chapter 54: Raising The Stakes

Song Quote: Robbers
"I'll give him one more time We'll give you one more fight Said one more lie
Will I know you.
Now if you never shoot, you'll never know And if you never eat, you'll never grow. You've got a pretty kinda dirty face. When she's leaving your home she's begging you, stay"
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
Everyone lined up with breakfast trays in hand waiting to be served their meals.
The lines couldn't go any slower. The competitors were eager to start the matches planned today. All to see who wins or lose.

It was finally Sensei Garmadon's turn. When he stepped up to the counter, the cook shook his head refusing to give him service.

He sighed saying to his son "There's a valuable lesson here son. If you turn your back on your first evil Sensei in an effort to go straight-"

He turned away from the counter and started to walk off "-you may not be served creamy biscuits..."

"Well, I know what we are being served-" Lloyd said to his team "-a whole bunch of baloney. This isn't a fighting tournament, it's an alibi for Chen to steal everyone's powers."
Lloyd sighed "But we still don't know why..."

"Isn't it obvious? Chen wants to destroy New Ninjago City" Kai replied shaking his head "I don't know what it is, but that place has a string of bad luck..."

Cole stepped in voicing his thoughts "I'm not so sure. From what Sensei G's told us about him, I have a feeling it's something far more sinister."

"And may I remind us, we still don't know where Zane or Echo is. Which is why we all need to take care of our first rounds to give us more time" Jay butted in.

"Don't look at me. I've already moved on."

Cole looked up and down at what the lightning ninja was wearing.
Jay was still wearing his pajamas with a dark blue robe on top and a sleeping mask resting on his forehead.

"Your opponent got himself kicked out" Cole retorted raising an eyebrow at the blue ninja.

"Either way, it's my day off" Jay smirked smugly before turning to the server "Extra creamy biscuits and don't skimp."

Cole walked off with his tray in hand saying "Taking a day off? Instead of wasting time relaxing, you could try and find out where they're keeping Zane and Echo."

Jay scoffed and narrowed his eyes at the earth ninja. "That's rich. Considering how you were just relaxing in (Y/n)'s room last night."

"This is my only warning: Don't you play with her emotions. You already have Nya" The lightning ninja hissed catching Cole off guard.

"It's not like that at all-" The earth ninja retorted as heat crawled up on his cheeks. "I only talked to her, which is what we also need to do."

Old anger and hurt resurfaced for the blue ninja. "There's nothing to discuss." He spat and walked off leaving Cole behind.

Minutes later after they had already sat down to eat, (Y/n) finally appeared in the cafeteria.

"Morning" (Y/n) greeted with a small weary wave. She took a seat next to Jay with Mindroid standing outside the booth.

"You're alright!" Lloyd brightened up at her presence. Relieved that she was safe after they left her behind on accident last night.

"How did you manage to not get caught?" Kai asked with a smirk.

"I slipped away before you guys got caught" She explained in a quieter tone so no one will hear. "You guys did give me some time to look around."