[15] We're friends

Last night I spend the night at Easton's place again. He ordered us Pizza and we cuddled on the couch watching movies, and when it was time for bed, I slept in his bed once again, but nothing happened, we're friends. Friends cuddle, and friends sleep in the same bed, right?

"Thanks for driving me home." I smile across at Easton

"You're welcome." He grins back "Will you be okay for work tomorrow?"

"I'll be fine." I nod "Thanks for taking care of me."

"You're welcome."

"Bye." I smile once again and exit the car.

Like always he waits for me to get inside safely before driving away.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to come home from her long weekend of sex." Claire grins as she slides herself off the kitchen bench.

"There was no sex," I assure her as I make my way into the kitchen.

"You spent two nights with Easton Raven, in his bed, and you expect me to believe there was no sex." She folds her arms

"I'm telling you, there was no sex, we're friends."

"Friends?" she scoffs "And I'm marrying Stephen James"

"I'll fight you for him." I grin

"Alright, spill, what's the story then?"

I shrug my shoulders purse my lips together, giving her an 'I don't know' "We're friends, we talked about it and he has some things going on that he doesn't want to drag me into, he assured me it was nothing to do with me."

"I bet he's got things going on." Caleb says as he enters the kitchen opening the fridge

Turning to face him I fold my arms "Why do I feel like you know something about him that I don't?"

"I know nothing, and if I did it wouldn't be my place to say anything." He grabs his drink and exits the kitchen.

"Forget about him, he just doesn't like him because he gets more in one week than he's had in his life." Claire laughs.

"He mentioned that." I hum softly "That he's slept with half of the girls he works with."

"Oh Jezz, way to make a girl feel good." she laughs

"You know it kind of does because deep down if he hadn't have pushed me away I know I would have slept with him, and if he doesn't see me in that way, I'd only end up getting hurt."

"Oh Aubrey, you're so sweet." She smiles and gives me a hug "I have to get to work, but I'll see you tomorrow."

"Have fun." I return the hug

After a shower and changing into some clean clothes I make my way back down the hall and into the living room where Caleb is sitting.

"I met someone." He says the second I sit down

"I saw," I say softly as I look up at him. "At the party right?"

"Yeah, she's a nice girl."

I nod and fiddle with the bottom of my sleep shorts "So uh, are you two dating?"

"I'm taking her on a date next weekend." he smiles

"I'm glad you're happy." I give him a soft smile "Right." I nod and stand up "Uh, I'm going to head to bed, so I'll see you tomorrow."

I make my way up the stairs and flop down on the bed. I hate to seem as if I think highly of myself, but I hope Caleb is going after this girl for the right reasons and not to get back at me somehow.