19. Returning to Corona

(AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER, THERE'S AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT)

Another chapter, yay! I just wanted to say, that it might be a good idea to know what emotion each color of the necklace symbolizes. So if you've forgotten, go see the [Everything you need to know] Chapter :)

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Varian.

Varian had tricked you.

Varian was a bad guy.

Varian had pushed Andrew off the bridge.

Varian had kidnapped Rapunzel.

Thoughts were running through your head, as you, yourself, ran at full speed. Well, as fast as you could run with an injured arm.

Varian had kidnapped Rapunzel.

You couldn't believe it. What Andrew and the others had said. Your heart didn't want to believe it, but your brain did. You didn't want to admit it, but everything kinda made sense now. His different and more 'cold' behavior.

Was it his father's death that had done this to him? It must've been. Before that happened, Varian would never hit you no matter how mad he was. And he would never push something off a bridge. And speaking of which, you didn't really believe this... You mean, he was clumsy... Maybe it was an accident?

No, if that was the case he would've said something and blamed himself.

So yeah, everything kinda pointed towards Varian being a fucking psychopath. The boy you've been friends with since forever. No, the boy you've had a crush on since forever. The boy you had known for a long time, and one of the few persons you would trust your life with - thought, that might seem like a bad idea right now.

He couldn't just change personality like that... You knew that the old Varian would never do such things. Yeah, it was his father's death that pulled the trigger. And if that's the case, he needed someone right now. He needed you to be there for him, so he wouldn't take the wrong path.

That's why you ran hella fast. You were even able to keep up with the others.

It appeared that you've all ran for a long time, cause you were already at the other side of that mountain, that right now was the only obstacle of getting to Corona. Unfortunately, the mountain was very big. It would take hours to get on the other side, even if you ran without any breaks - which would be kinda impossible since it was a long way.

"Crap!" Eugene cursed. You all stopped up, looking around for the fastest way.

"This way!" Cassandra then yelled. She lead the way, with you and the two guys following. It was another cave. You sure hoped there wouldn't be any snakes.

"Does it go all the way through?" Andrew yelled as you all ran into it. It was pitch dark, but thanks to your blue- and purple-glowing necklace you were able to see just enough for you to not slow down too much. Therefore, you had now taken the lead.

"I sure hope so!" Cassandra yelled back. You sure hoped so too - if this cave did go all the way through, getting to the other side would be much quicker and less challenging.