Chapter 10. Summer fun

First thing on my list for summer was to reconnect with my friends, especially Brie. I had intentionally pushed them to the back burner to make sure I was able to do my best in school. Every time I thought of Michael over the last few months it made the hole in my chest throb. As much as I ignored him, he ignored me. I know it's not rational for me to be hurt by that, but I was. But now, it was summer! In three weeks Amy and I were leaving to visit Thomas, I was so excited when she agreed to come.

In the meantime though, I wanted to try to get closer to Brie again. She was my first priority. If the guys came around that was a definite bonus though. I discussed it with Amy and she agreed it was worth it, even though she wasn't exactly comfortable around the guys. So I texted Brie and asked her if she wanted to go swimming at the river to celebrate the end of school, to my surprise she instantly agreed!

I picked put on my tie dye bikini and checked myself out in the mirror. Thankfully it wasn't skimpy but very tasteful (Thomas had picked it out). To my surprise I was starting to fill out. My bra size had increased as well as my bum. I was starting to develop curves. 'About damn time' I thought to myself. Soon I would be turning 17. We didn't know the exact date but I always celebrated in July. My long brown hair looked bouncy and had a beautiful wave to it. My blue eyes were still pale but beautiful. My skin was also still pale but I planned on spending lots of time in the sun to remedy that. I put on a white crochet cover up and sunglasses. I packed a beach bag with extra clothes and a towel and left my room.

Amy was absolutely stunning. Her strawberry blonde hair now reached her shoulders. She was wearing a tan one piece suit with a sheer flowery wrap tied around her waist. She was thin but had nice curves. I expected her to be shy in her bathing suit but she looked very comfortable in her appearance, as she should.

We giggled and told each other how hot we looked and headed out the door. Brie had said she would pick us up so we sat on the bench outside the dorms. Chatting away until An old rusty truck pulled up. Michael, Brian, and Brie sat on the bench seat inside the cab, Zach and Jacob were sitting in the bed of the truck. The guys in the back of the truck started whistling when they saw us. Making Amy and I both giggle and blush. Zach helped both Amy and I into the bed of the truck before pounding on the cab with a quick, "lets gooooo!" And we were off. We couldn't hear much with the wind in the back so I just settled down with my back against the tail gate. I leaned my head back. Just enjoying the feeling of my hair being blown behind me and the sun on my skin. The truck stopped abruptly but gently. There was some argument from inside the cab before it started moving again. I felt someone gaze on me. Sure enough, Michael was staring at me in the rear view mirror. I sat up straighter, uncomfortable with his staring, and decided to instead watch the scenery around me. Could just be my imagination but was he being protective of me?

Soon we pulled up to the locals spot at the river. There were some people there so we jogged up a path along the river to a cliff diving spot. No way in Hell was I going off of that, thankfully I saw a small foot path down to the water. I knew the guys would definitely be jumping from the cliff.

Brie stepped out of the truck first. Wearing an all black bathing suit. The top was a tankini and the bottoms were booty shorts. She looked gorgeous! It was so nice to see her back in perfect health! She had some light scars on various parts of her body. I hoped in time they would fade for her but they didn't lessen her beauty at all. The only dark scar was one on her neck where it connect to her shoulder. Clearly a bite mark. I shuddered at the thought of how that bite could've been fatal. I had so much skin showing I was afraid to hug her but I did anyway just a quick one!

She laughed realizing why and said she barely felt a shock that time. I smiled. It was so nice to see her! The guys quickly started taking turns jumping off the cliff. With the exception of Michael. He was watching me as I watched the other guys jump.