⁂Chapter 12: Berk⁂

-mystery pov-
The wind whistled through my hair and the lightfury beside me roared in delight. Tongue flicking out, her puppy dog eyes staring lovingly at me, I felt happier than I have in months. Ecstasy flowed through me as I memorised the instructions to Berk.

Once you get to the edge, you have to fly an hour north and then you'll be there. Just as a precaution, keep this horn, blow it when you get there so we know it's you.

His voice rang strongly through my head as I fingered the delicate horn lightly. His last gift, before it all happened.

We got to a wet island in the middle of the night, rocks spiking up from the sides and two large torches, the shape of Vikings a few feet out to sea. This was it. I just knew it.

"Go round the back girl." I whispered to (d/n).
"See you soon Hiccup Haddock,"

-Hiccups pov-
Astrid had Christina now. Once I had left they had started talking and getting to know each other. They had gotten close, with her staying in Astrid's hut and all so now I was all alo-

A loud and deep horn blow cut my thoughts off like a dagger.
I thought that horn had been burnt. That she had been burnt. Yet I heard it again. Eyes wide, heart pounding, I sprinted off to where it had been blown, Toothless following a few paces behind me. I couldn't help but let a tear leak down my face as I saw the beast. Snowy white and glistening in the winter sun, green eyes roaming around to rest on Toothless' shocked figure, tongue lolling out like a puppy. Her lilac hair and sea blue eyes stood out as bright as ever, and her plump lips stretched into a smile and she saw me, panting, tears streaming from my forest green eyes.

"Hey Hiccup," she whispered, voice like the angels of Valhalla. I couldn't help it. I ran as fast as my peg leg would allow and grappled her into a hug, stroking her soft waves as she sobbed into my shoulder.

"I missed you, more than you could know. I don't think I smiled without you." I whispered so only she could hear.

-y/n's pov-

A small shiver went down my spine at those words. How could I have made that much of a difference in such a small amount of time? His strong arms wrapped around my frail body for one last time before letting me loose, looking me up and down. His hair still had the little plait I had done along side two of Astrid's, and was soft as ever. His emerald eyes stared into mine, as if he could not see enough of me to last. I saw the tracks down his face, and his slightly puffy eyes. He's been hurting, more than I realised.

"I have something for you. These were my parents before... you know." I held out two ornately carved rings, a dragon gem held onto both. "they said that I should have them- they knew something happened would happen to them. I keep like a luck charm. But I want you to share it with me, please?"
He smiled widely and gently took one. He twisted it round, looking at the carvings, to rest his wandering eyes on the gem.

"It's beautiful..." he croaked, tears welling up in his eyes once more.

"It's not much, really..." I paused, then carried on slowly. "Look I'm sorry for not coming back earlier, I just couldn't face it then, I was still tired and weak from the whole kidnapping thing, I'm sorry. I feel horrible."

"It's ok. I understand. Don't be harsh on yourself." He smiled and embraced me once more.

"So... where are the others?" I said once we had unraveled from the hug.

"Probably in the great hall eating second lunch, completely unaware of you still being alive." He laughed slightly then frowned. "How are you still... you know.... alive?"

"I will explain when I see everyone, I promise. I just feel it would be pointless to explain 7 times." I said, giggling. He wrapped his arm around my waist, and set off, towards an unknown destination.
—————————————————
I'm back! Sorry for the wait. Next chapter up later today!

Smile lovelies.

Ender xxx